The interview and photo shoot

Start from the beginning

Alice POV
                            The moment Jonathan got here he wanted to start training me. I agreed of course since I told him yesterday I wanted to become a shadowhunter. I just didn't know there would be this much work to be put into this.
"Keep your legs separated more" Jonathan tells me. I do as he tells me. We are practicing throwing daggers. I've seen it done before but I never thought hitting the target was this hard to do.
"You want to try fighting" he asks me. I nod. We start. "You start too strong. Save your energy and try and wear your opponent out. Use his energy to help you" he tells me.
                                         We go and go for a few more hours and I am exhausted. "You are pushing me too hard" I say. "Well you wanted to become a shadowhunter and here is all the training we had to go through" he tells me. I can now understand what Clary said to me yesterday. We are still fighting and the next thing I know my feet are swept from under me and I land with a hard thud on the ground. "Hey! I wasn't ready" I say. "You can't get distracted" he says. "That hurt" I say. "If you think that hurt you have no idea what 'that hurts' means until you get stung by a demon, then it hurts" he says. I get up.
                                    "Come on lets go back to the daggers" he says. We go back. He pulls some out of the target for me to throw. I throw them. "Ugh, when can we get to the weapons? You know the fun stuff" I ask him. "We will get to that it will just be a while" Jonathan says. I throw another dagger at the target. "I don't understand why I have to know how to do this. I already know how to use a bow" I say. "Well what are you going to do when you don't have your bow and are weaponless with maybe only a silver dagger" Jonathan asks me. He has a point. "But I don't want to do this. It's unnecessary. I mean does Alec even know how to do all this or am I just wasting my time" I ask. I really don't want to do this. I throw another one and of course it misses the target by a lot. "Yes" I hear someone say. I look over and see Alec has come into the training room. "Yes what" I ask. "Yes I know how to do it. we all had to learn it. Its part of out training" Alec says. He walks over and picks up one of the daggers at my feet and throws them. It hits right in the center of the target. "Showoff" I mutter. He chuckles and says "Here." He shows me how to do it. "Stand like this" he says. I copy him. "Arm back like this" he says. I move my arm like he does. "No, like this" Jonathan says. He comes over and fixes my arm. "Now take it back and let it go" Alec says. He lets his go and it hits the center. I do the same too and it does the same. I've never actually hit the center before, and now I have thanks to Alec. "Thanks Alec" I say excited. "No problem" he says. "You do need to know how to do this though Alice. I know you don't want to and don't think you need to, but it will help you later" Alec says. I nod. 

                                      "Hey Jonathan, can we take a break for a little bit" I ask. "Yeah I guess so" he answers. i smile and leave them in the training room.

                                    I go up to the kitchen to get myself something to eat for lunch since i'm starving. I see Jace in here. "Hey, when do you think clary is going to be back" I ask as I open the fridge. "I don't know it could take her a while for all I know" he answers. "Oh" I say as I pull out the turkey for my turkey sandwich.

"How is training going" he asks. "Oh you heard about that" I ask. "Yeah, clary told me last night" he says. "It's going okay I guess, Its a lot harder than I thought it would be" i say. "Yeah its a lot of work. We all still train now even after we are already fully trained shadowhunters" he says. "Yeah" i say as i start making my turkey and cheese sandwich. I put some mustard on my sandwich and sit down at the table.
"Did you tell clary's mom and the others we are leaving soon" I ask. "Not yet" he says. I nod.
I take a bite of my turkey and cheese sandwich. "Is clary leaving straight from her interview to the photo shoot or is she coming back here" I ask. "She will probably come back here. I know she said its not until tonight. I'm going with her so she has to come back to get me anyway" Jace says. "Yeah" I say and finish my sandwich.