Chapter 14 - Runaway bride

Start from the beginning

“Are you alright Ojou you look a bit pale” Haru leaned in his ochre eyes twinkled in delight at my reaction.

“I-I’m fine” I said thinking how close he was to me, he smelt of autumn now and I felt a wave of nostalgia.

“Everyone in?” I heard from the front seat who I noticed was Hunter; he was driving us back to the airport now. I saw his eyes catch mine in the rear-view mirror I blushed slightly this part was always awkward.

I was his wife now, I shouldn’t be shy. But I had such a sickening feeling I was feeling more than shy for a reason. I knew deep down I had felt something with Haru, Hunter and Seth. Each of them something new something opposite. But I could not identify these feelings they were hard to decipher like they were to love back. I was becoming terrible with myself, if I couldn’t handle looking at them what will become of me? Will I succumb to this darkness with them? Will I allow that with myself?

We were there already it was a short drive, well I hope it was. I was so busy daydreaming I didn’t realise when we got there. Haru waved a hand in front of me and told me so. We all hopped into the jet as quick as possible, it would have been midday by the time we would land. It seemed like Beau ridge was like a place inside a place it was huge. When everyone was seated in their seats again I held myself from going to the front and sat back with the kids. This time the kids were safe and they were amongst themselves talking. I didn’t need to fear about them getting lost or anything it was a cruel joke that was played on me. I didn’t speak to the twins or the sister at all today which made my mood better.

“So this is where you hid yourself” I saw Hunter walk towards me and grinned I felt myself blush. “Yo wife”

“Don’t call me that I have a name” I growled

“Of course you do but you are my wife now, so I can call you wife” he said as a matter of fact tone and I couldn’t deny it.

“No, I would prefer if you called me Blair” I replied glaring at him, and he laughed was he teasing me?

“Stop being so tense after last night I thought you would sober up a little” he said

“I – what sober?” I said blinking

“Well yes, you got drunk not a lot of people realised it besides me and the guys” Hunter said as he picked up a magazine, and started flipping pages I sat confused for a moment.

“When was this?” I asked

“The cup we both drank from for the ritual that was sake, you couldn’t handle rice wine it’s like beer in other words” he replied pausing on a page and reading it before turning the page.

“And you didn’t tell me!” I yelled this couldn’t be happening, no wonder I don’t remember anything.

“I didn’t need to, Haru had taken care of you by the time I had come out you were fast asleep, I should have known you couldn’t handle it” he replied casually as if seeing his new bride with another man wasn’t a problem, then again it shouldn’t was I jealous?

“That doesn’t help do you know what I had said to Carina!” I yelled back angry at his actions.

“I know what you said, don’t worry so much” he said casually but his look was different, as if he was angry at what I said. “There was nothing to worry about” he flipped another page.

“Of course there is, did you not see how tense the room was, I’m not stupid Hunter” I growled

“I know you’re not, that’s why I said don’t worry so much because these things are normal I thought you would take that as a hint and be quiet” Hunter replied smoothly but I heard the annoyance in his tone.