65.

(Zrose is real)

Rose

The next morning we found out that the chemotherapy sadly did affect Zayn and gave him another fever. It didn't surprise me, I had even expected it. He was so sleepy, tired and just not looking a hundred percent well yesterday. He didn't want to give in to it, I knew that but I didn't mind if he had done it. His health was more important.

I was seated at his bed and freshed up his warm face with a cold cloth. He was currently asleep in just his underwear as he was sweating like crazy. His temperature was around the fourty degrees which was quite high and me and Trisha had to watch him carefully to make sure it wouldn't get to the fourty one or two. That'd be concerning.

I didn't know if he was in pain right now, but his face gave the expression that he was somehow not really comfortable even though he was lying in a comfortable position. In his own bed small bed, though it was big enough for him only with white bedding and black music notes on it. I thought it was cute and a small smile appeared on my face.

My eyes roamed all around his room. He still wanted to show it to me, but because he didn't feel well he didn't get the chance to. I allowed myself to observe his room and saw how his walls were dark green. He had posters up from old painters and music artists who had died already.

A guitar was hanging on the wall and I wished he could play it for me. I wanted to know how well he could play the guitar, knowing he could play the piano beautifully.

Zayn dragged me out of my thoughts as he woke up and slowly moved around in his bed. He turned on his left side and his eyes slowly opened as he was facing me.

"Rose," His hoarse voice spoke slowly. I noticed that it took him a lot of energy and I felt bad immediately.

"Hey."

He smiled softly and closed his eyes for a while, not saying anything at all. He licked his dry lips and I took the glass of water from his nightstand, which I had filled before.

"Do you want some water?" I asked quietly, knowing everything sounds ten times harder when you're sick.

Zayn slowly opened his eyes again and a deep yet small sigh left his mouth as he had just awoken, "Yes, please." He tried to sit up but his face showed a painful expression. It made me sad and I quickly pressed my hand to his neck so I could hold him up.

His neck felt sweaty and clammy but I didn't care about it. I brought the glass of water to his lips and he slowly took a few sips.

"Tough right? A bed that cannot move its upper part up." I smiled, trying to enlighten the mood a little.

Zayn laid back down and stared at me with a small smile on his face, "Yes." He waited a few seconds before he got the energy to speak again, "But my bed is more comfortable."

"I can imagine." I still smiled until my gaze fell on his bare upper body. I swallowed when I noticed slight blue and purple colors that belonged to bruises on his skin. I bit my cheek on the inside and quickly moved my eyes away. His sickness couldn't be worse now, could it be? He just had chemotherapy. It would probably fade in a few days.

I suddenly felt Zayn's soft finger brushing my cheek. It startled me, but it also made me blush a little. My eyes met his eyes and for a second I wondered if he wanted to kiss.

But he then spoke up, "You look worried, Rose. Don't be worried.. it's not healthy for you." He looked concerned but gave me a small smile after that.

"I'm okay, Zayn." I assured him, although I wasn't quite convinced about it myself. "Are you.. feeling okay?" Of course he wasn't, but I meant this question much deeper than people would usually ask.