60.

Rose

"You still need to tell us why you're acting like that, all happy and smiling. You were something else that night." Lucas raised his eyebrow at me through the mirror as he was washing his face and I was brushing my hair.

I didn't reply. How could I tell them that I had kissed Zayn? It was none of their business anyway. Thomas gave me advice, I did what he asked me to. Except, I didn't actually confessed that I liked Zayn, but I thought the kiss said enough.

"Rose," He gave me a look.

I sighed and finished my long Dutch braid, "I've got to go. I'll see you at dinner time." I replied and left the bathroom, wishing I had my own one.

"Hey, Rose! That's not fair!" He said, but I slammed the door on purpose and chuckled when I heard him grumbling.

I went downstairs, ate some quick breakfast and sat down in my car as I had a day shift today.

Starting my car, the radio switched on automatically and another cliché love song came on, something I hated but it still made me think of Zayn.

The feeling he gave me while kissing me was so amazing, so intriguing. I was nervous when I noticed what he was about to do, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want it. Of course I wanted him to kiss me and of course I would kiss him back.

I had been waiting for that moment, just to confirm our feelings. And they were confirmed now. I knew he liked me, and he knew I liked him. It didn't matter anymore. I didn't think that there was a point of hiding it now since it was already pretty obvious.

Thinking about the kiss, I could still feel his hands cupping my cheeks. His hands that were cold but despite the fact that they were cold- they still managed to burn and tingle my skin.

Then just the way he looked at me. Staring into my eyes, right into my soul. He knew what we wanted, he knew my feelings. I had noticed how his eyes roamed over my face and had stopped at my lips. I remember that we both leaned in but he took the first step. He pressed his lips, which were so soft, plump and smooth, on mine.

They had felt so good, so lovable and so kissable that I wanted that moment to last forever.

And at that moment, my feelings had grown even more for him.

I couldn't sleep that night because of all the feeling he gave me. I was so happy, still so excited and flustered because of it. I couldn't think of something else, and I had hoped he had felt the same.

After the kiss we had smiled at each other but no words were spoken. Zayn's eyes had started to fall closed and no matter how hard he was trying to stay awake, he was too tired and he fell asleep.

I tried waking him, but he didn't wake up. He really was tired so I went down to his room, grabbed his blanket and went back to the eighth floor to make him warm and comfortable. I had stroked his cheek then left and finished the night shift on my own.

Before I could realize it, I arrived at the hospital and I quickly parked my car. I felt relieved that I could start the day at the Oncology department again. I could finally see Zayn after those days. We hadn't seen each other after the kiss and it made me slightly nervous.

I went up in the elevator, got out and walked over to Caroline's office. I stuffed my stuff into the wardrobe and read the note laying on the table.

Good morning, Rose.
Zayn is getting his second session of his third chemotherapy cure today and he wanted someone to be with him. Do you mind staying in his room for a while? It's busy, so I sadly do not have time for it today.