51.

Zayn

"Caroline!" I yelled, covering my mouth after that and staring at the floor in utter confusion and nerves as blood dripped from my hands onto it.

I coughed again, causing more blood to leave my mouth. "Caroline!" I yelled again, sitting down on the floor and wiping my mouth several times.

Caroline came rushing into my room and looked at me with a concerned expression. "What happened, Zayn? Are you alright?"

I showed her my hands and slowly stood up. "I don't know. I coughed up blood."

She walked over to me and placed her hand on my back and guided me towards the sink. "Come, love, wash your hands first." She opened the tap and I washed the blood and saliva off my hands.

My heart was beating like crazy because of what had happened and I didn't know what was wrong with me.

"Can you open your mouth for me?" Caroline asked. I opened my mouth and she slightly tilted my head back so she could look into it.

I licked my lips after that and sighed sadly. I was scared that it was something really bad. I mean, I already had Leukemia, so what could be worse, right? But still.. what if this was a really bad sign? A sign that made clear there was no chance of healing anymore?

"We should visit the doctor's office, love. Don't be scared though, okay? Just for a check up, to make sure everything is alright." She softly pushed me towards the door and I reluctantly left my room.

I bit the inside of my cheek, "Are you sure it's nothing bad?"

"I don't know, Zayn. He's more specialized in things like this. I do know a few reasons for it but it doesn't make sense with your sickness. Let's just see what the doctor thinks of it, yeah?" She assured me, but it didn't calm me one bit.

We stepped inside the small check up room and the doctor greeted us right after. "Good morning. So, Zayn, you needed a check up I heard?"

I frowned and looked at Caroline. I thought she just decided it, but he made it sound like it was already planned.

Caroline glanced at me and sat down on a chair, losing eye contact with me. She planned it. But why?

"He coughed blood just now and he woke up bathing in sweat. When I was cleaning his wound yesterday I noticed bruises all over his upper body. I don't know what it's like on his lower body." Caroline said, making me frown even deeper.

That's why she was staring at my chest like that. That's why she wanted to see my back and touched it. She saw bruises. Why didn't I see them? And more importantly.. why didn't she tell me?

The doctor looked concerned, "Can you take off your clothes, Zayn? I want to examine your body."

I didn't reply. I just started to take off all of my clothes until I was in my underwear only. I stared at my chest and belly, seeing the slight bruises on my skin.

The doctor stood up and examined it. He pressed his fingers to my skin, just like Caroline did and I stared down at the floor, feeling sad because of all of this.

He turned me around and started looking at my back and legs then turned me back around. "Do you have them on your hips as well?"

I slightly pulled the left side of my underwear down and showed him my hip, noticing a small bruise. I then pulled down the right side but didn't notice one.

"Time for blood tests and maybe even an urine test." He walked over to some drawers, opened one of them and took out a small transparent plastic box.

He handed it to me, "You have to urinate in this so we can do research on your symptoms. You can go to the toilet over there, I'll close the curtain."