Epilogue

Adam's POV

It's been a month since the funeral and I still can't go through another day without crying. I feel like I'm breaking inside. I feel lost without her. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I have been trying my best. I've been trying so hard to get through the days. I seriously feel like beating the shit out of Chloe. Mark made me promise that I don't touch Chloe or hurt her. He said that in a few weeks we'll make her pay together and she'll regret that she even touched Nicole. I've been waiting for that day to come. Maybe, it'll take some of the pain away.

I went to the bathroom and had a shower and shaved. I needed to look presentable today when I finally see her. I need to look good for my girl. I put on the top that she said looked good on me. I put on my converse trainers and my denim jacket.

I walked into the kitchen to see Amelia eating breakfast.

'I want you know that I love you, I always have and I always will no matter what happens, okay?' I signed to her.

'I know, I love you too,' she signed back.

I kissed her on her forehead and went to Claire. I hugged Claire tightly. She's always been there for Dad when he was down and I'm extremely grateful for that. She's helped him build up his business to what it is now.

"Thank you for everything, I love you just as much as I loved mum," I said to her.

"I love you too, Adam," she said, kissing me on my cheeks.

I walked upstairs to find Dad coming out of his bedroom. He was getting ready for work. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"It's good to see you making an effort, Adam, I'm proud of you, are you going school today?" He asked.

I haven't been school since the funeral. I didn't want to be around the people who were tormenting Nicole. It took all my effort to not beat them up so I just stayed anywhere but school. It was easier that way.

"Yes, I'm going to set off in a bit," I said to him.

"That's good, I wanted to say that I'm extremely proud of you for staying strong with all that you've been through. You were strong when you're mum died and I thought you couldn't handle, but you've surprised me, I love you son, I might not say it much but I do," Dad said.

I hugged him and patted his back.

"I love you too, Dad," I said.

I went out the front door and set off. I walked to Nicole's house and knocked on. Mark opened it.

"Hi, Adam, come in," he said, stepping aside.

"No it's fine, I just want you to promise me that you'll make Chloe pay," I said to him.

"I promise, she won't get away with hurting my little sister," he said, reassuringly.

"Thank you," I said.

I went to the shops nearby and bought a bottle of Vodka. I promised myself that I wouldn't drink but that was the only thing that made me feel numb. It took some of the pain away for a brief moment.

I began walking down to the graveyard. It was a sunny day and there were no clouds in sight. I could see a distant figure at Nicole's grave. As I got closer, I saw that it was Amanda. She looked up at me and her mascara was running down her face due to the fact that she was crying.

"I'm so sorry, Adam, I never meant to hurt her," she sobbed.

"What's Chloe doing these days?" I asked, ignoring what she just said.

"I don't really know, I'm not mates with her anymore, I didn't realise how much of a bitch she was back then, I don't want to be friends with a person like her," she said.