Chapter 55

Nicole's POV

I woke up and got ready. I wore red shorts with a white top and a denim jacket. I put on some mascara and lipstick. I wore white heels and waited for Adam to come. I went to the kitchen and ate a toast from Mark's plate.

"Hey, that was mine," he said.

"Do you want it back?" I asked him, giving him the bitten toast.

"Erghhh, go away," he said, scowling at the toast. I continued eating the rest of the toast.

"Aww, Nicole, you look gorgeous," Mum said.

"Yeah, she'll have all the boys chasing her," Stacey said.

I rolled my eyes and I heard a horn beep. Adam was here. I went to the car and sat in.

"You look gorgeous, Nikkie," he said.

"Everyone's been saying that," I said.

"That's because you do," he said.

We arrived at school and I walked confidently into the building with Adam besides me. I went to my locker and grabbed my books and went to my first lesson which was with Adam. We sat at the back together.

"Watch this," Adam said.

He pulled out a yellow sticky note and wrote 'My husband left me as soon as I cheated on him with food,' on it. I was really confused. He then went to the teacher who was Mrs Brown. She was a teacher in her 40s and she was simply overweight. She had a triple chin and wore glasses that made her face look bigger. The worst bit being was she was an absolute bitch who hated everyone. She was horrible. Her own husband left her because she grew fat which I thought was cruel at first but once I met her I no longer thought that.

He went to Mrs Brown and stuck it on her back and came back to his seat, smirking. Mrs Brown sat down in her seat and the other students started to come in. She then told everyone to start their worksheets on the desk.

She pulled open the drawer and grabbed a chocolate bar. She unwrapped the wrapper and munched on it. She stood up and turned around to place it on the bin when the whole class erupted in laughter including myself.

She told the class to be quiet and they continued laughing. She then said it louder and with an angry expression and the class quietened down immediately. Adam was still laughing.

"Mr Hunter, get out the class," she said to him.

"With pleasure, one question though, could I take the most gorgeous person with me?" He said, nodding at her.

"I'd love to come with you but I have a class to teach," she said, flustered.

"Excuse me, I wasn't talking about you, can't you see she's the most beautiful person here?" he said, looking at me.

Mrs Brown looked extremely embarrassed and Adam held my hand and we ran out the class together. It was hard to run in my heels but I managed alright. We bursted out laughing when we stopped. We heard a clicking sound and looked up and there was Chloe strutting in her heels. She looked at us, jealousy painted on her face.

"Gosh, she looks like an oompa lumpa with all that fake tan on," I said to Adam, quietly.

As if on cue, we both bursted out laughing and we couldn't stop. We fell on our knees, still laughing. We quietened down as we saw the headteacher, Mr Price, come down the corridor.

"And what are you two doing here on the floor when you should be in lesson?" Mr Price asked.

"Mrs Brown kicked us out," Adam said.

"Well, I'm sure I'll find out why whilst you two wait outside my office," he said, sternly.

We walked our way to his office and waited in the chairs outside his office. Minutes later, Mr Price came and he let us in his office and sat down.

"So, Mrs Brown has told me that you two were disrupting her lesson," he said.

"Well, technically it wasn't just us," Adam said.

"This looks like your writing, Mr Hunter," Mr Price said, showing the sticky note that was stuck to her back before.

"I found it on her back," Mr Price said.

"No shit," Adam said, sarcastically.

"Well, Mrs Brown was extremely upset so I have no choice but to put you both in a detention next week, the consequences would have been more severe but I do have a high level of respect for your father," he said.

Adam nodded at him and we sat in silence.

"You may leave," he said, clearing his throat.

We got up and Adam went to him and shook his hand and patted his back. I was confusing to why and we both left. As soon as we were out the door, Adam bursted out laughing.

"I put a note on his back saying I'm a prick," he said, laughing.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"I would've wrote more but I had limited time," he said.

"God, like a child," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm loving life, oh yeah and Mr Price has a meeting with all the other teachers tonight," he said.

"He's going to be so pissed when he finds out," I said.

"Hey, you wanna skip school?" He asked.

"God, you do want to fail at life, don't you?" I said to him. He just grinned.

"I'll fail with you," I said and we both ran out the building.

She was happy and confident. But nothing lasts forever. She is only temporarily happy. She will face hardships worse than ever which will make her permanently unhappy. No one could stop it. Why? Because she was the girl that was slowly dying...

________________________________

Thank you for 100K
This book is currently #48 in Teen Fiction

Thank you😭😭

Love you all X