Chapter 28

Nicole's POV

It was currently 5PM and Adam and his family were going to come over soon. Because it was Christmas Eve, our house was decorated sophisticatedly with Christmas decorations that looked stunning when they lit up. Everyone was ready for when his family would come. I was wearing a red jumper with Rudolph on it, black leggings and red Ugg boots.

Mum was currently making spaghetti bolognese. Adam's family insisted this would be a casual meet up which is why mum's making spaghetti. She also prepared chocolate mousse before hand which was set in the fridge for deserts.

RING!

Adam's family was here and Stacey opened the door and invited them in. I recognised everyone as I met them before and I greeted them all. Then I met the most beautiful girl stood behind Adam. She was adorable and was so shy. She held him tight and did not let go off him.

"Hiya, who's this gorgeous girl?" I said to her.

She didn't reply but smiled timidly. I looked at Adam slightly confused. Who was she?

"Nicole, this is Amelia, she's my sister," Adam said.

"I never knew you had a sister," I said.

"You never asked, Amelia is deaf, she can hear a bit, she can talk a bit. She relies on sign language. She was just a few months old when Mum died," Adam said.

He moved her hair back and I saw that she was wearing hearing aids. I was taken aback by what he told me and I smiled at her. She smiled back and signed something to me. I was confused to what she was trying to say and looked at Adam.

"She's asking what's your name," Adam said.

I bent down to her level and smiled at her.

"My name's Nicole but you can call me Nikki," I said to her.

She seemed to have heard that and nodded.

"Amelia," she said and pointed at herself.

I smiled at her and she hugged me. I lead the way to the living room where everyone was sitting and talking. Dad was talking to Adam's dad and Mum was talking to Claire. They seemed to be getting on well as they were laughing amongst each other.

Tyler was talking with Stacey and Mark was talking with Dad and Adam's dad. I sat down with Adam and Amelia. I talked with Adam and interacted with Amelia as well with help from Adam.

She loved teddies and she was extremely intelligent for a person who's deaf. Amelia was only 9 years old and she was the most sweetest girl I've met. She had the most beautiful smile and I loved her already. I saw the resemblance between Adam and her.

Mum told us all to go to the dining room to eat. That's what we did. We all went to the dining room and she gave us all spaghetti bolognese and it was delicious. Amelia and Adam shared the same habit of slurping their spaghetti into their mouth which made everyone laugh. They're so adorable! Adam's dad and Claire asked for another plate of the amazing spaghetti whilst I had like four plates already.

Adam and Amelia faces were dirty and had the spaghetti sauce surrounding their mouth which was hilarious. They looked like 2 year olds who couldn't feed themselves.

"You missed a bit," I said to Adam as he attempted to wipe his mouth and chin clean.

He cleaned it all and gave me a hundred dollar smile that was gorgeous. He cleaned Amelia's mouth and I decided that we'd play hide and seek. Because my house was pretty big, there was loads of places to hide.