Chapter 54

Nicole's POV

I haven't been to school for two weeks. I made the excuse that my leg was too painful. Today, I was going hospital to get the cast removed. I didn't need the crutches no longer because I could walk without it hurting.

Dad was waiting for me in the car. He was going to take me to the hospital. I put on my shorts and my converse. I was wearing a blue T-Shirt and a black hoodie. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. I applied concealer to the bruise on my face that was fading away. I tied my hair up and went to the car.

"God, you girls take ages getting ready," Dad said as I sat in the car. I just rolled my eyes.

We went inside when we arrived and waited in the seats. After 20 minutes, the nurse called my name and we followed her. She told me to lie on the bed and I did. She then took off my cast and I felt the cold air hit my leg. She then told me to walk across the room.

"Okay, everything is good and you're free to go, you'll have to come for checkups regularly," she said.

"Thanks, bye," I said to her.

"Bye," Dad said.

"Okay, bye, take care," she said.

We walked out. Dad took us to a takeaway that make the nicest pizzas ever. He got two pizzas and we went to the car and ate them. It was absolutely delicious. He drove us home and we joined Mark and Stacey and watched TV with them.

Tomorrow is my first day back to school for two weeks. I will stand up to Chloe and I won't let her beat me up anymore. I will stand up for myself and I won't let her carry on hurting me. I will defend myself and fight back. She might finally stop hurting me. I might finally be happy.

"I'm going to go see Adam and Amelia," I said to Dad.

"Are you sure? I don't want to lose you again," Dad said.

"I'll be fine, I'll be back before dark, I promise," I said.

"Okay," he said.

I hugged him and left the house. Mum and Dad have been really over protective of me ever since I've been back. I got the bus to Adam's house and walked from the bus stop. I finally arrived there and knocked on. The door opened and Amelia was there.

She hugged me and pulled me inside. She guided me to her room and she showed me a canvas that she was painting with the paint set that I gave her in Christmas.

Her painting was really good and was very detailed. How can a person so young can be as talented as she is? It was a picture of the horizon with many shades of red. It had black skyscrapers and birds flying in the sky. It was absolutely beautiful. I watched her as she painted the last few little details that completed the picture.

She then left it on the side to dry. She was signing to me but I didn't understand what she was saying. She then got a piece of paper and wrote down what she wanted to say. She wrote that she wanted me to do her hair. She grabbed a brush and gave it me.

I combed her long brown hair that was really soft. I then plaited it in two dutch braids that made her look even cuter. I saw that there was a collection of nail polishes on her desk. I gestured for her to pick a colour and she picked pink. I painted her nails pink and drew a small flower on the nail of her ring finger with the circle end of a grip.

She sat and waited for her hands to dry. The door opened and there was Adam.

"Gosh, you stole my girlfriend," he said to Amelia whilst signing.

"I'm all yours," I said to him.

"I know that," he said, carrying me over his shoulder making me yelp.

He carried me into his room and sat me down in his bed. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I pulled off his top and he proceeded to take my jacket off and he took my top off.

"You're beautiful," he said, holding my hands and kissing it.

His eyes wandered to my arm and his eyes widened. I realised what he was looking at. My scars. I grabbed my top and put it back on and I put my jacket on.

"Nicole, why have you been cutting yourself?" He said.

"I never did it," I lied.

"You're lying, I can tell," he said.

I looked down, not making eye contact with him.

"Is it all that had happened with the kidnapping?" He asked.

I nodded, meekly. He hugged me tight and I felt like nothing would ever hurt me again. I felt protected in his arms. I felt the tears fall from my eyes.

"I love you, Nicole," he said.

"I love you, Adam," I said as he wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Promise me you won't cut yourself again," he said.

"I promise," I said, looking at him.

Nicole may just stop cutting herself but that does not mean harm will not come her way. She could hurt herself in other ways that would impact the lives on who love her. She could try to be happy but her enemies will continue to bring her down. She was the girl that was slowly dying...

________________________________

Ermmm I need someone to talk to so can someone send me their number so we can talkkk and be friends X

Stay sweet X