Chapter 27

Adam's POV

I was really excited for the dinner we'd have together tomorrow. We decided that we'd have it in Nicole's house rather than mine. Mum and Dad were really excited because they had not met Nicole's parents before.

As it was the holiday's I was really bored and had nothing to do. I wanted to go see Nicole but we were going to see each other tomorrow anyways. God, I miss her.

RING! I answered the phone.

"Hiya mate," Jason said.

"Hi, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing really, but could you come shopping with me? I haven't got anything for Selena for her Christmas gift. I need a lift and your help on what to get her," Jason said.

"Alright, I'll pick you up in 10 minutes," I said.

"Sweet, bye," he said.

I turned off the phone and grabbed my keys and my coat and headed to Jason's house. He lived only 10 minutes away from me. I beeped and he came out and sat next to me in the passenger seat.

We headed to the nearest shopping centre. It was really busy inside. Jason and I headed walked down looking at which shop to go to. I was really confused to what he wanted to get Selena.

"Erm, Jason, do you know what you're getting Selena?" I asked him.

"Haven't a flipping clue," he replied.

That made sense because we both were walking round in circles, not a clue to what shop to go to. Because Selena and Nicole are like best friends, shouldn't they both like the same stuff?

"Jase, I'll show you what I got Nicole and you can see if you want to get the same for Selena," I said to him.

I led the way to the most prestigious jewellers in the mall. It stood out from every other shop. It glowed and you could see it from a mile off. It only had a few people inside it due to the expenses of everything within.

We went inside and I lead him to the area where I got Nicole's gift from. I turned around but Jase wasn't following me. It looked like he found what he wanted to buy Selena. I waited outside whilst he bought her a necklace that had everlasting diamonds embedded everywhere. It was beautiful for Selena.

Jason bought a few more gifts for his family. When we finished shopping, we headed to the car. I was starving and I'm pretty sure he was too. I drove to McDonald's and went through the drive through. I ordered 2 happy meals. I love happy meals. Yes, I know I'm not a kid. Mum used to buy them me every time she had a long business meeting and came home late.

Jason complained on how I bought him kid's food. He still ate his in the car and I took Jason home. Jason thanked me for taking him shopping and he went home. I headed home and sat in the living room and ate the happy meal. I ate the chips first.

"Come on lad, still eating happy meals?" Dad said.

"I'll never stop eating them," I said.

"You know, I know why you still eat them," he said.

"Because I love them?" I said, sarcastically.

"No, because your mum used to always buy you one when she was late home, you used to be really annoyed and upset but when she gave you the meal, you were over the moon," Dad said.

I didn't say anything. The memories flooded back and made me miss her even more. I wish she was still alive today. I wish she was still with me. But no. She's gone and I'll never see her again. That's what hurt the most.

Dad hugged me. He could sense that I was down because of it all. He hugged me and it wasn't weird because I'm older now. It just made me feel closer to him.

"I know you miss her and I do too but we've just got to carry on," he said.

I smiled at him. He ruffled my hair and went. I love my dad. I lay on the sofa, thinking of everything and how lost I'd be without Nicole. She's one of the best things that's happened to me. She makes me smile when I'm sad. She makes me laugh when I'm angry. I love her.

I closed my eyes thinking of her. She is beautiful and I want to stay with her for eternity. I want to go to college, university, get a job, have kids and I want to do all of them with Nicole. The thought of doing all these without Nicole is just depressing. It's all dull and colourless when I think of doing it without her. She makes me happy and I couldn't ask for more than that.

He was happy with how everything was going. She was pretending. Pretending that everything was okay. Pretending that she was happy. Yet inside she was breaking. Slowly by slowly she was fading away. Fading into the empty nothingness. And the worst bit is, no one could stop it. No one could stop her falling. He couldn't help her. She couldn't help herself. We all know why. We all know why she was breaking. Why she was slowly fading. It was because she was the girl that was dying slowly by slowly. Bit by bit. She was the girl that was slowly dying...

________________________________

I updated again. Isn't that flipping fabulous?! I know I'm really slow. I'm struggling for ideassssss. I'll get you the best chapter asap!! Love you all!!
Stay sweet xxx
PS- Please vote and comment

(I appreciate 6K😝)