Chapter 38

Adam's POV

I quickly drove to Nicole's house as soon as I heard her shouting help when she rang. There must've been something up. I was scared. What if something's bad happened to her? I knocked on the door and Mark opened it. He knew something was up when he saw the expression on my face and he let me in. Everyone was sat in the living room.

"Hi Adam, you've not seen Nicole recently, have you?" Nicole's dad asked.

"That's the thing, no I haven't. She rang me about 10 minutes ago and I heard the phone hit the pavement and her shouting help," I said.

He instantly shot up and grabbed his phone, he dialled in a number and rang. I figured that he was calling the police as he was saying that his daughter's missing. Nicole's mum had tears in her eyes and Stacey tried to comfort her.

"I'm going to go now," I said to Mark.

"Shouldn't you stay here if something comes up?" He asked.

"I need to find her, ring me if find anything," I said to him. I gave him a hug as he seemed pretty upset that his sister was missing.

I went outside and left my car outside their house. I know Nicole was walking it because when she rang it sounded like she was walking  and she was outside as I could hear the wind. Nicole normally walks the way past the park because she likes seeing the bright flowers.

I followed the path to the park and looked around for anything suspicious but there was nothing. I continued walking the path towards school. I saw from a distance away that there was something on the floor. I ran closer and it was Nicole's bag and her phone. So this is where it happened. I pulled my phone out and rang Mark.

"So, the police are here and they said they're treating it like a murder case, they think she was most likely killed or maybe kidnapped," Mark said.

"That's bullshit, she was kidnapped, trust me mate. Anyways, I'm at the place where she was actually taken because her bag and her phone was on the floor," I said to him.

"Alright, where are you? I'm coming," he said.

"I'm outside that newsagent shop, do you know which one I'm on about?" I asked.

"Yeah, the one past the park," he said.

Minutes later, Mark was here. He told me that he told the police that I found her bag and phone. He saw that I was pretty upset but he reassured me and told me we'll find her.

"So what shall we do now," I asked.

"That newsagents must have CCTV of what happened," he said.

He was smart and we rushed into the shop that was just about to close. The guy who was on the till was eating chocolates from the chocolate counter.

"Could we perhaps look at the CCTV footage from about 40 minutes ago?" Mark asked.

"Do you have any ID?" He asked.

"If you don't show it us then I'll tell my dad to personally shut your store down," I said to him.

"And who is your dad exactly?" He said, munching on a Twix bar.

"John Hunter," I said to him.

He raised his eyebrows and looked taken aback and. He binned the wrapper of the Twix bar and grabbed a Snicker's bar. He led me to a different room and then played the CCTV from an hour ago. He fast forwarded it till we saw Nicole walking down the street. I told him to stop and he stopped fast forwarding it and played it.

I saw Nicole walking down the street and no far behind her was a man who was following her. She looked back and she seemed to notice that he was following as she walked faster and then she went into her bag and pulled her phone out. That's when she rung me. The man grabbed her and pulled her back and she seemed terrified. He got her and then injected her leg and put her in the back of his van.

Just then, the police came in and told us to leave and let them deal with the investigation. An inspector then followed and showed his ID.

"Hello Adam, I'm Inspector Walker, I have no choice but to put you, Adam, on house arrest, you have disrupted our investigation and this could mean that there is less evidence and less chance of finding Nicole, my officers will take you now," he said.

I was absolutely raging. He cannot put me on house arrest. I'm the one who actually bothered to look for her bag rather than moping about. Two officers came besides me and tried to make me come. I struggled and punched them. Five officers then came and pinned me down on the floor and handcuffed me. They took me to the police car.

"Just take him to his house," the inspector said.

"Yes, boss," one of the police officers said.

I was then taken home and I was so angry. The police officer knocked on the door and Dad opened it. He let us all in and took us to the main room.

"So what seems to be the problem, officers?" Dad said.

"Well, there's been a girl under the name Nicole has been kidnapped, she's Adam's friend-" he began saying before I interrupted him.

"Girlfriend," I said.

"Adam has moved her bag which could've possibly disrupted our investigation and he has started his own investigation. I know he means well but the inspector has put him on house arrest. This means he cannot leave the house at all and an officer will be here to take him to school tomorrow morning. If he breaches these conditions then he will be imprisoned and could go to prison for 6 months," he said.

"I see and I'll make sure he doesn't leave," Dad said.

"Thank you, Mr Hunter," he said.

The officer took the handcuffs off my hands and he left. Dad asked if I was alright but he could see that I wasn't. I'll never be okay without Nicole. Without her I feel so empty and lost. I feel like looking for her but I'm not allowed.

Claire and Amelia came downstairs due to the noises that were made.

'Are you okay?' Amelia signed.

I nodded in response and Claire came and hugged me.

"Nicole's mum just rang and told me what happened," she said.

They all continued talking and all I wanted was Nicole. I left the room and went upstairs to bed. I couldn't sleep knowing that Nicole wasn't safe and that she wasn't okay at all.

He was lost without her. He needed her. She needed him. He thought that she was forever gone. He has little hope in seeing her again. He didn't know that he would see her again but she'd soon be gone. Gone by her own will. Because of all the problems in her life. Because of all the hardships she's been through. It's sad knowing that the most beautiful girl had a whole world full of problems. That the most kindest girl had the worst things happening to her. No one could stop it. Why? Because she was the girl that was slowly dying...

_____________________________

Anyone still reading??

Stay tune for the next chapter everyone x

Vote and comment x