Chapter 8

Adam's POV

I quickly walked to my next lesson with Jason, a guy who I happened to sit next to in my first lesson. He was a nice guy and he played in the football team. Jason said that he'll join me on as well.

I went to maths and realised Nicole wasn't here. My heart jumped. Where was she? I quickly grabbed my phone and rang her number. Shit. Straight to voicemail.

I ran to the janitors cupboard. Empty. I quickly ran to the girls bathroom.

Chloe and some other girls were kicking and punching Nicole. I pushed Chloe and the other girls aside and picked up Nicole to her feet. I supported Nicole's body with my arm.

"Oh look who decided to show up," Chloe said. 

"I fucking told you not to lay your hands on Nicole" I said annoyed and angry.

My voice made Chloe jump and most of the girls ran out the bathroom.

"Darling, you can do better than that scruff" she said.

I punched Chloe so that she stumbled back.

"Don't fuck with me" I said angrily

I was going to pick up Nicole but she was very reluctant and wanted to walk herself. We walked to the school nurse, after a long time of me having to persuade her, and she gave her some painkillers and cleaned up the blood.

"She's right you know" Nicole muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You can do so much better than me. Why do you stay with me, when there are tons of girls who are way prettier than me" She said.

"Because you're not like them. You're different. You don't know how beautiful you are because everyone tells you you're ugly. I'd rather be friends with someone who's pretty on the inside," I said.

I saw tears coming down her face and she hugged me. I hugged her back and stroked her hair.

"No one's ever said that to me before" she said, smiling.

"It's the truth," I said

We were reaching in slowly for to kiss when Amanda came.

"Oi, Nicole!" Amanda shouted.

She came and whispered something in Nicole's ear which made Nicole's expressions sadden. I was sort of glad that she came because I think we're moving too quickly. I mean I like her but I'd want to give more time before we get to that stage.

Amanda walked away, her heels making a big clicking noise.

"What did she say?" I asked her.

"It doesn't matter," she said.

"Well, to be honest, it kind of does," I said.

"You should probably stay away from me from now on," She said, shrugging her shoulders. 

"Why? Please don't just go after all this." I said. 

"Just stay away from me, okay?" she said, harshly.

She got up from the bench we were sitting on. She walked away.

"Nicole, I'll give you a lift, come" I said to her, as I caught up to her.

"What part of leave me alone do you not understand?" she said.

And with that she left.

Nicole was alone. Adam was lost. Adam needed her. Nicole needed him. The future was something that neither of them could face. For she was slowly dying...

________________________________
What do you think???
This chapter is so bad!!
I was rushing it because I've got so many Science exams next week and I wanted to update for you all!!!
Please vote and comment!!
I'm not going to update till Wednesday.
I'll be revising for them and hopefully I'll do well.
Love you all xxx