CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps we should try taking this conversation into a more 'private' setting. For your safety as well as my own 'cuz I don't know if you know this but there is a young cub outside, watching your house with a forlorn expression."

She sighed at this and closed her eyes.

"Does he have short black hair, hazel eyes, and a soft golden tan?"

Her voice was low, melodic and forlorn.

I nodded and she gave a deep melancholical sigh, "I can't believe he's out there but he's harmless..."

She sounded distant, hurt but with an under current of bitterness and anger.

"Follow me."

She turned away from me and began walking towards a set of stairs that swirled upward.

"Be discrete and silent. I have a full house and a sleeping child if you disturb his sleep you will loose more than he." She whispered urgently as we made our way up the spiral staircase.

We passed one floor and instantly the scent of Daniels blood hit me head on.

My nose flared and my anger grew.

We hit the second floor then the third and I stopped breathing for a few minutes as I adjusted to the overwhelming scent of Daniel's spilt blood.

The smell of spilt blood wasn't foreign to me not in the least. On the contrary, blood was something I dealt with almost on a daily basis and as such I had long ago gotten accustomed to its peculiar smell.

But this was different. This wasn't just one of my targets. This wasn't just a stranger or even some random victim.

No.

This was the blood of someone I loved and cared about deeply.

This was different.

We stepped unto the third floor and the beauty in front of me began to falter.

I had been only a few steps behind her but as she leaned on a wall for support I rushed forward and gently picked up one of her arms before carefully placing it over my shoulders.

I kept her up right but her skin felt clammy and she was sweating. She clutched her head with one hand as I kept her up and swore but didn't remove her hand from my person

"My room. It's the one...the one with the flamed licked door knob."

Her voice was weak but she didn't falter.

I walked her over to her room and let her fall slowly unto her bed, "Are you alright?"

I looked at her and noticed her pale skin and tired eyes. 'What was wrong with her?'

"I'm fine just...tired. I haven't exactly had the best of weekends and tomorrow I have school."

She sat up and propped herself on some of her pillows, "So tell me, 'who are you'?"

I closed her door and locket it. She looked at me one eyebrow raised and her expression not one of fear but one of amusement.

"This is innapropriate and I have a mate who would kill you if you try something."

She spoke with amusement.

"The guy outside? I would like to see him try."

She glared at me and then laughed.

"Daniel trusts you so I trust you but be assured that if anything said in this room leaves this wall you won't."

I paused and let my words sink in for a few minutes before continuing.