CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3

link and I nodded. "You can go clean up before we take you back unless of course you wish to go back just like you are now." She told them and the couple whispered among themselfs. "If you're gonna take us back, just take us back now." The boy said with an air of defeat.

"Ok well let's go then." She said as she picked up a small backpack and let us outside. She walked in front of the group while I watched our back. The couple led us to there pack taking each step with dread. I could tell they didn't want to go back but we couldn't harbor runaways. They were obviously underage and no wolf was permitted to become an independent until after he turned of age at eighteen.

As of right now they were considered runaways and possibly even rougues. The moment we stepped into Great Salmon Pack territory we were surrounded and I growled while protectively standing in front of Lilly. "Who are you and what is your business here. This is Great Salmon territory." A strong looking wolf spoke to us. I felt Lillys hand on my shoulder, "We are bringing back this young couple in order to avoid any missunderstandings." She said confidently.

"Follow us." The leader spoke to us and we followed him until we reached there Alpha. "I hear you brought back our Caleb and Jersey." He said with a tinge of desdain. "Yes we did and if you don't mind me asking what are you planning to do with them." Lilly asked the alpha. The young couple cringed, "They will be seperated and sold." Was all the alpha said with a smile. It was a harsh punishment for underage runaways but it was allowed by the council. Older wolfs that left there packs without notice became runaways while wolfs of age who decided to leave there pack with notice became independents. Although harsh this punishment lasted only until they turned of age after which they would become rougues.

They had no choice and once they got kicked out they wouldn't be able to return to there old packs, they couldn't become independent and there only saving grace came if they somehow found another pack to take them in. It would appear easy since there were multiple packs across the country but it wasn't. Actually joining a new pack after being kicked out of one was nearly impossible since packs didn't want to be associated with wolfs of such low status.

Rougues were considered the lowest of the low in all the social circles and if nobody wanted you your life would become hell. We shouldn't have intervined but before she even spoke I knew what she was going to say. "Sell them to me." She said 'Dam it!' I thought and the alpha tried to hide his sneer behind a smile. "Oh that's impossible. You see runaways can only be sold to other wolfs of...Of higher status than them and not mere independent wolfling." The alpha said.

The moment those words left his mouth I growled. 'How dare he insult Lilly like that. If he only knew who she was he wouldn't be so arrogant.' I thought and Lilly placed her hand on my shoulder. She wanted me to calm down and she smiled. "How about we fight for them." She said surprising me but it was now our turn to smile. This alpha was young, arrogant and thought the whole world would be at his feet with a single word.

We could defeat them easily. We had the know how. The alpha laughed outright to her face and I could tell Lilly was controlling her temper but I could feel her flames beggining to lick her skin. "If your confident in your abilities oh sorry I mean in the abilities of your...of your guards you won't have any trouble in let in us fight for this two young runaways." She said smiling.

The alpha appeared furious, "Fine but if you loose you leave without another word." He said and we agreed. The alpha then choose three different guards and set us up at there training arena. Lilly and I didn't speak instead we shared a common look and got ready to fight. This was no longer about the runaways. This was about honor and our own stubborness. We had to prove we weren't mere independents. We weren't low level wolf and we wouldn't be underestimated by anyone. "Do you give us your word as alpha that if we win you will let Caleb and Jersey the two runaways go with us peacefully?" I asked him and the alpha looked insulted. He smirked, "I swear it."

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Ok so here is the final part of chapter 34. I hope you all like and enjoy the story so far and as usual I ask that you (my readers) VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND ADD this story to your libraries and reading lists. It is because of you that I keep writing and it is because of you that this story keeps moving forward becoming a slow success. Im nowhere near the end of the story but im not sure if im making the story too long. What do you think? Do you guys think I should draw the story to the end soon or write as many chapters as needed? Let me know and I will get on it. I will also try to upload again (Ch. 35) by the weekend but no promises. I will however upload next week if I dont do it by the weekend. If you have any questions, need advice or just need someone to talk to about your stories, covers or reviews just message me or leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I also wanted to have a cover giveaway for the first person to make a comment with the reason to why you like the story. The cover will be completely at random and will come with a title, my name as cover creator and a small story idea to get you started. This is of course if you want it if not then dont take it. Enjoy!