CHAPTER 41

Lilly's POV

When we got to the store it was ten minutes to closing time and me and Marcus had to rush around getting him some clothes along with random clothes for everyone else. "You made it just in time." The cashier told me as he bagged the clothes for me and I smiled. "Do you need help, Mam." The cashier asked me as he looked at one too many bags of clothes for my hands. "Uh, no thanx. We can handle it." I said and picked up some bags while handing the rest to Marcus who had no problem with them.

We got everything in the back seat before buckling up and heading back to the cottage. By the time we made it back the sky had darkened and wolves began to howl. Humans thought they were regular wolves and chances where they where but every now and then one of us co-mingled. When we arrived at the house Marcus opened the door for me and I stepped into the house with more bags than I could carry. Daniel wouldn't be pleased but it was after all my money. I had kept on writing songs for a few bands and even though that didn't make me a millionare it did give me enough to spend.

The only time I had touched my families money was when we rented the cottage and the all terrain truck since motorcycles weren't safe on icy terrain. 'Don't make a scene, please?' I sent Daniel as we layed the bags on the table in the center of the living room. I could tell things were awkward between Ashley and Daniel since they were still avoiding each other even in the small place we shared. "As you can tell, we don't have too much space here since we didn't expect company but if you want you're welcome to stay here with us." I said.

Daniel looked pissed and the couple looked unsure. "But you must bond yourselfs to Lilly first. Just for...precaution." Daniel said and I stared at him. 'What are you doing?' I asked him and he looked at me. 'We need insurance that they won't try something against you.' He answered me. "Bond?" Jay asked and I bit my lip. "Bonding, is when you swear your loyalty to someone in this case , me. Its somewhat like joining a pack without actually joining one." I said and they looked mildly confused at my explanation.

I sighed while gently running my fingers over both my wrists where a gentle glow appeared showing three golden lines that interlocked with my name and a sword staked through the heart. They stared at my wrists for a while in awe. "How...How did you do that?" They asked me and I looked at Daniel while mentally rolling my eyes. "Can't tell you, its a family secret." I said and Daniel nodded. I ran my name down each line as I told them what they stood for, "This one is for Caleb and this one is for Jersey they're both bonded to me so that I will always know where they are and make sure there loyalty lies with me." I said and they nodded.

"The one in the middle is personal." I finished and the lines banished. Something they didn't know was that if they cause danger to me danger would be caused to them as well and complete betrayal shattered the line putting me in complete control of their actions. They would become my puppets following my comands unless I let them go or rebonded them. It was dangerous to say the least but they didn't know and I wasn't going to tell them.

Sneaky, Check! But it was still my safety to there's and so far nobody had betrayed me. Even though I still greatly valued there safety I was in charge of many more and the need of the many outpowered the need of the few. I could see that they were thinking about it and surprisingly little Marcus stepped forward handing me his little hand in an act of trust. He smiled, fear showed up in his eyes but his hand was steady as I took it in mine. The golden lines grew from my arm to his encircling both of us and tying us together as I spoke softly to him.

"Marcus do you promise to be loyal to me?" I asked him, "Yes," he said. "Do you swear you mean me no harm to me or those with me?" I asked him the lines glowing brighter and growing stronger. "Yes." He said before the line flickered and were gone. The small child seemed so vulnarable while completely trusting me and I knew I had to do right by him. "The bonds can be dissolved at anytime so no there not permanent." I told them as Marcus walked back to Jay.