CHAPTER 50

[Scents might have changed and I'm too lazy to go looking for them in previous chapters so I just added the permanent scents on the character bios. More scents will be added later and everything will be fixed once I'm done with the story.]

Nathans POV

As sat watching a random tv show about poker boring myself half to death when I began to feel an excrutiating pain emminating from my leg. I howled and Brad came out to see me on the floor desperately clutching my tigh. "What's going on? Are you ok?" He asked me while mainting his distance and I growled at him. It felt almost as if I'd been bitten when I hadn't and then it hit me and I worked up the strenght to sit up.

It hurt like hell but slowly it began to subside leaving me confused while Brad simply stared at me. I checked my leg again but there was nothing there. "I think...I think Lilly was attacked." I say and Brad gasps. "Is she, ok?" He asked worry etched on his face. "Yeah....She must be. She has very good company." I reply rubbing my tigh as the ghostly pains leave me completely. I wanted desperately to go after her but she didn't want me too and I didn't have her number.

Lilly's POV

I felt comfortable in Daniels arm. He made me feel safe and it hurt me to see that he was suffering over his mate even though he was trying to hide it. Sure, I didn't know him all that well unlike other people but I could still see past the mask of coldeness he was wearing now. He tried to seem indifferent but he was failing in my eyes. I told him we were friends and I really hoped he saw me as one because I really did think of him as a friend. He was my guard expected to protect me and give up his life if it meant saving mine but still I wanted us to be friends.

I didn't want for someone so close to me to see me only as a "job". The sun was still up and I hadn't had diner yet neighter had he but I didn't want to move from a place that felt so safe to me. I closed my eyes and began to think of my love, my mate, my lovely Nathan. I remembered the first day we met and how he offered me gin and juice. I declined of course but still the gesture was genuine. He seemed so blue and hurt.

I didn't see it then but now I seemed to notice every little detail in his face just by memory. The way his eyes were dull and lifeless his sole aura was depressing. I was distracted by my own back then and didn't notice the front he was putting up. I fell asleep with him in mind and I smiled.

¥   "Lilly..." I heard him whispering my name. "Lilly..." he kept reapeating it as if it were a prayer. The room was dark but I knew just by the voice that it was my Nathan. "Nate, I miss you so much." I whispered almost to myself but he must have heard me because suddenly I was engulfed in silence. The room was suddenly lit and in a bed lay Nathan completely still tears streaming down his face breaking my heart. "Lilly..." he whispered again and I saw now that I was closer that he was fast asleep.

     I walked closer and closer to him before bending down beside him. My face was a mere inch from his when he opened his eyes and looked directly into mine. He didn't say anything all he did was reach out to me with one hand while I remained motionless. He carrassed my cheek softly before pulling me in towards him. His lips were dry and scratchy but to me it felt as soft and sweet as cotton candy. It was the best feeling in the world to me.

"Oh, Lilly you have no idea how much I've missed you. Please stay with me?" Nathan pleaded with me refusing to let me go. "Nathan, soon..." I whispered kissing him again with passion and desperation. I never wanted to let him go...ever. Before I knew it we were in each others arms hugging and kissing each other as if the world was ending. We both refused to let go... ¥

I heard a crash and jumped up not realizing it had been me. I had accidentally kicked a lamp off the table besides me. A very startled Daniel jumped up and growled. A few seconds later we heard a knock on the door. "Is everything, ok?" I heard someone say after Danny opened the door. "We're fine just dropped a lamp by accident. Go back to sleep." He told who ever it was before closing and locking the door. "Caleb." He said.