Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change

Lilly's POV

I walked inside and was about to make my way to my room when Adam burst thru the kitchen door with the band behind him. "She just ran when..." he said stopping when he saw me with a foot on the stairs. Everyone else looked at me before averting there eyes. Adam walked towards me and I looked up the stairs to see Brad's ocean blue eyes looking at me. I expected to see warmth, kindness and I don't know something but they were empty with nothing in them.

I looked at Adam as he took my arms and everyone scattered. I looked back up the stairs and Brad was gone. "Lilly please listen to me?" Adam asked me and I nodded meekly. I didn't realize it then but Brads icy, cold stare made me sad. Adam led me to the backyard and began to talk to me. "Lilly I'm sorry about earlier I honestly have no idea what came over me." He said pleadingly.

I nodded. "Its ok." I said and he hugged me. It sent small sparks up my body but it didn't feel right, it didnt feel normal not like it did when I was near brad. "I.." I said trying to speak but stopping when Adam brought his lips crashing into mine. I froze not knowing how to respond while his toungue seeked entrance to my mouth. Suddenly I felt as if I were being watched and my eyes flickered towards the house where Brad was looking at us from the other side of the window.

I felt as if my heart was being squeezed by anguish and pulled away from Adam blushing. He mustve taken my blushing as a good sign because the next thing I know he takes out a charm bracelet and gives it to me. "I don't wanna rush things but I also don't want you to think your just some girl to me sooo would you be my girlfriend?" He asked me and I gasped in surprise at him.

I didn't know what to say I was just so surprised. "I don't know Adam. I'm not ready yet but maybe as time goes by?" I said a bit unsure of my answer. He got up smiling and twirled me around making me giggle not because it felt all that great but because it made me feel sligthly uncomfortable. "That's fine take you time, lilly. Ill be here waiting for your answer." Adam said smiling.

Adam's POV

I had placed lilly back down after twirling her around in circles. I asked her to be my girlfriend and although she didn't give me a difinitive yes I knew she'd fall for me eventually...they all did. I wanted her for a mate and I would have her one day. I could tell she was different the first day I found her. She's long term material, a girl you want to have pups with and not just for fun.

A week later I asked everyone to eat out since I wanted to make something special for Lilly. I would be making her some dinner and then id ask her out again. This time I was sure she'd say yes to me. So after everyone left except Lilly I phoned the restaurant to deliver me some delicious for for two. I wasn't a cook that was Brad's department but she wouldn't know I didn't make the food and she would love it.

Brad had been brooding more than usual but everyday that passed made me feel like something was going on between Lilly and him. They didn't say it and they didn't act like it but there was definitely something there. I needed to act fast and make her my own before something happened between them or id loose her forever. It was a horrible feeling of impending unease that I was going to fix this very same night.

Brad's POV

The day I brought Lilly home from the clearing I practiclly raced inside to find Adam with everyone else telling them what had happened. They stopped when they saw me "Brad have you seen Lilly?" Adam asked me "Why?" I asked him already know why but playing dumb. "She ran from my car when we got to the cafe for no reason." He said trying to lie to me and I scoffed causing everyone to look at me in confusion.

"That's the story your going with?" I said angry for a reason that I couldn't quite pinpoint. He took a deep breath "Its the truth." He repeated obviously forgetting I could detect when I was being lied to, people always did. "No I haven't seen her." I said and went up to my room. If he was gonna lie then so would I after all he was our leader but he couldn't control me.

When Lilly came in and Adam took her outside. I watched them thru the window as they talked and suddenly he kissed her, twirled her around and placed her back down. My heart cleanched and I felt my blood boil at the sight before me. I looked away and punched the wall. 'Why am I feeling like this towards her' I thought

Sophia was my mate and the girl who had completely destroyed my heart. She had caused me so much pain and I still couldn't let her go. I didn't know where she was at now but it didn't really matter me to anymore. She wasn't mine and she never would be she had made that very clear when she left me for... I shook my trying to shake away all thoughts of Sophy but I couldn't.

As time passed Lilly gradually changed it was subtle but I noticed it. Today Adam had asked us to eat out since he had something special set up for Lilly and didn't want us interrupting. By the afternoon everyone was gone leaving me to watch over Lilly as Adam did his last minute arrangements for whatever he was planning. As we ate a simple lunch Lilly looked at me a small twinkle in her eyes and a radient smile.

"Brad did I do something wrong?" She whispered with an inner fire that radiated from behing her eyes. I knew she wanted to scream and probably jump up to smack me. I laughed "Your not a calm preppy sorority type of girl and yet here you are pretending to be something you are not" I said in a strange calm manner. Making the fire behind her eyes shine brighter "How do you know what type of person I am or not?"

Her voice was calm but behind that calm I felt a storm brewing. "I don't know" I said emphasis on the dont "But what I do know is that there's something in you a type of fire that your hidding." I said in complete honesty. Because that is how I felt about myself and about her. I wasn't myself not completely anyway. After Sophy I began to seek shelter within myself and hid who I was because that's what people wanted of me. Lilly got up and left to her room I sighed.

Lilly's POV

This past week had been extremely hecktic to me for some reason. Adam had been coming to see me more often always leaving me little gifts that I accepted. Everytime he gave me something I felt happier but it was an empty feeling. I felt hollow when I met him I felt a connection my wolf recognized me as a possible mate but it didn't feel like it should have. A mate was suppose to make you feel like you were walking on air or something like that but it didn't feel that way.

He got me clothes, shoes, jewelry and other things like that that I wore slowly changing the way I looked. I knew I was changing but I wasn't sure I was changing for better or worse. I was eating lunch with Brad the afternoon before Adams big surprise. He had told me he had something planned for us both later on today but I had no idea what it was at all. Brad brought the food to the table and we started eating something simple.

Brad had been cold with me ever since that day in the clearing. "Brad did I do something wrong?" I asked him trying to be calm but my blood was boiling. I wanted to get up and smack some sense into him but I didnt. I felt like we had a connection that day in the clearing but he had avoided me since then. He didn't talk to me and he hardly spent anytime with me except when he had to like right now during lunch and the like.

Brad laughed "Your not a calm preppy sorority type of girl and yet here you are pretending to be something you are not." He said calmly which only angered me more. "How do you know what type of person I am or not?" I said his words havin hit home. I spoke calmily but that was in no way how I felt at all. I wanted to get up screaming at him and slapt him or something but I didn't.

"I don't know" He said emphasis on the don't "But what I do know is that there's something in you a type of fire that your hidding." His voice showed his honesty and just a little bit of something I could decipher. I was angered, confused and couldn't think at all. So I did the only thing I could think off I got up and left to my room sighing quietly.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

This chapter is shorter than usual I know but i wanted to finish quickly enough to upload before the end of the week. Anyway its past midnight and I'm tired so here it is hope you like it and enjoy it enough to keep reading, voting, commenting and of course sharing. :-) Smile everyone because with each new morning comes a new day :-)