CHAPTER 56

Reunited

*

*

*

Nothing good comes easy. You've got to work for it.

*

*

*

Nathans POV

After a few more minutes I put her back down and let her go only to be pulled back into a deep embrace. When she let me go I saw the smile that had begun to spread across her face grow even bigger. I looked at her and she looked at me nobody moving until someone cleared there throat behind us and she blushed. Lilly stepped back took my hand and led me inside to the small cabin she had so recently exited.

I let out a low whistle the moment we stepped inside. The room was filled with several boxes of all sizes but what most surprised me was the half a dozen or so wolves trying to look busy. They'd been watching us I was sure of it but now inside they kept trying to look aways from us except for one. A young girl maybe the same age of Lilly glaring at us although Lilly didn't seem to notice her or the way she seemed to be at the verge of pouncing on her.

"Everyone this is Nathan, my mate, and Brad my brother." She introduced us and they waved at us. "Hi." I heard one cheerfull looking girl tell Daniel. He shook her hand and by the look in both there faces they seemed to like each other. "So guys, this are the twins Tom, Jerry, Jay, Marcus, Ashley and Casey. The girls are sisters." She added as she introduced each of them to us. Casey apperantly was the merrier of the two.

"So I see you guys are ready to move." Said Brad stating the abvious. "Yeah, we are. I wanted to leave tonight or very early tomorrow but I still gotta arrange for all the extra packages to be delivered to storage while I find a house where we all fit. But also arrange the flight home." Lilly exclaimed. "Well I got that covered." Brad added. "You got what covered? How?" Lilly asked him while she began to pace around the room.

"Well I got the home, and flight fixed already. We can take my private plane and go to the house I had built for you. I can also make the arrangements to have all the extra house packages delivered for you." Brad explained. "I gotta make a call." Daniel added and walked towards the back of the house leaving everyone else in the living room. The sulking girl followed Daniel with her eyes yet refusing to make eye contact when he tried looking at her at all.

Daniels POV

If we were to arrive at her old pack lands soon then it was a common curtesy to let the Alpha know a visiting Alpha would be coming to visit his land. Especially if that visiting Alpha had nearly a dozen gifted wolves with her. I took out my cell and called my Alpha so he could alert the Midvalley packs Alpha to our arrival. After a few rings a groggy Mathew Krieger answered, "Alpha Krieger here and this better be important."

"It is. Alpha Krieger, its Daniel, we'll be leaving this very night to the Midvalley pack and I thought it'd be appropriate if perhaps they got a heads up. After all it isn't just your daughter but nearly a dozen other wolves as well. Don't want the Alpha thinking we're spying or otherwise." I told him and heard him sigh. "So she's keeping the strays." He stated, "Alright, I'll give him a call so he knows to expect visitors. Anything else you let me know Daniel. I'm trusting you with my only heir. Protect her." He added before hanging up and put away my cellphone.

"I don't appreciate being watched." I said turning around to find Ashley in the door. I had heard her coming up to my door about five minutes after I hanged up. "I..." she began but didn't finish. My hard eyes slowly softened and I began to walk towards her. She looked so weak and her eyes displayed just how scared she was. I wanted to protect her with all my being but the moment I touched her...she flinched away.