CHAPTER 58

BACK IN MIDVALLEY PACK

*

*

*

*

*

Alpha of Midvalley Pack: Jaceson Maddoxs POV

She looked beautiful as the rays of sunshine filtered through the white puffy clouds that lazielly moved across the baby blue sky. She laughed as the sun hit her face as if it where the most wonderfull feeling in the world. I walked up to her and she looked at me but something was wrong. Even though her face and body displayed her joy her eyes were pools of darkness. They were bottomless and the only thing they showed was the inmense sadness within her.

Just as I was about to touch the face of the girl in my dreams the shrill ring of my phone woke me up. "I miss you so much." I whispered to myself in the empty room as I stared at the blank ceiling. RING! RING! RING! "God dam phone." I murmed as it rang again making me reach for it in the darkness. "Alpha Maddox here what is it." I hissed angrily. Sure I was being a tad bit disrespectful but come on who enjoys being woken up in the middle of the night.

"Alpha Alec Krieger of the Krieger..." I shot up and out of bed nearly dropping the phone. Alpha Krieger? I knew who he was every Alpha in the world must've known that name after all he had the strongest and biggest pack around but why was he calling me? "to wake you up this late at night but I've got some news I would like to share with you." He stated as I slowly brought the phone back to my ear. I'd missed a piece of the conversation but I got the gist of it.

"It is alright, Alpha Krieger, what is this news you wish to share with me?" I ask him and hear as he clears his throat. "Well it's more of a request you see my grandaughter is heading your way as we speak and I thought it would be better if you knew she was going to enter your territory." He added, "To avoid conflict or a missunderstanding." He said. "Grandaughter? I wasn't aware you had a grandaughter." I stated and heard as he chuckled. "I wasn't aware of the fact until she found us but that's another story."

If she was his grandaughter that meant Crimson had given them a descendent to carry the Krieger name but where was she? I asked myself. "I appreciate your notice and of course she has my permission to enter Midvalley territory without a problem. But how am I or my people going to recognize her?" I asked him and he took a deep pensive breath. "Her eyes are just like my daughters use to be an intense shade of violet with just a speck or two of emerald within them. She is enchanting." He said.

His description of her eyes reminded me of the girl from long ago..."Besides I don't think it'll be that hard. After all she did spend most of her youth with you. You know her as Lilly Riverdale." He marveled at me and I froze. "Lilly? Lilly Riverdale?" I asked him my mind somehow refusing to process the fact that the little girl I had given my guard Jared was a descendent of Alec Krieger. "Are you sure?" I asked him again but he only confirmed it.

If that was true that could only mean that the girl from long ago with those striking violet eyes that made me feel as if the world belonged only to the two of us was..."Crimson." I whispered. "What?" He asked me and I realized that I had said her name outloud. "Oh, nothing of importance. I will gladly receive her myself Alpha Krieger." I answered him truthfully because I would indeed be there to see her home myself.

"She is also bringing some friends, four guards, and a small child. All in total there's about a dozen wolves," Should I be worried about the Krieger pack attacking us? I doubt it or they would've sent several more troops and not just a dozen, "coming your way including my grandaughter. I would have preferred she'd stay here but she wanted to finish her schooling." He finished with a small laugh as if the thought amused him.