CHAPTER 36

1 Month and a half later

Daniels POV

"Jab, Cross, Hook, Front Push Kick..." I sounded off a short list of fighting moves to Lilly as we practiced outside while Caleb and Jersey watched us. As time passed us by I had learned to trust them a little more than I initially had but not completely. They were after all in our service and even though I didn't see myself as superior to them I didn't have much faith in them.

Lilly on ther hand had made friends with them and seemed to trust them completely. I believed this to be a bad move but it wasn't my place to say so I just protected her instead. I felt myself crashing to the ground as her lower round kick connected with my leg. I jumped back up and went for a high kick which she blocked my blow choosing to go for a high kick. Her blow hit my abdomen as I caught her leg and twisted it making her fall to the ground.

She wouldn't give up and twisted herself landing a hard blow to my bicep making me let her go which she used to her advantage and landed a hard kick to my abdomen with both legs leaving me breathless. She used this to her advantage and quickly jumped up catching me by the neck and held me in a triangle choke without letting go.

Then phone rang just as my vision was going dark and she let me go. "Take five ill be back after this call." I told Lilly as she got surrounded by Caleb and Jersey who praised her technique and advancement. I walked inside and quickly answered my phone, "Blue Jays sing at midnight." A recognizable voice spoke and realized this was the call I had been waiting for all this time.

"While the Mocking Jays sing at twilight. Hello Z, tell me what you got." I said interested in his investigation. "I have got some very, very interesting news Daniel. Are you ready to hear this?" I heard my friend ask me and I nodded then realizing that he couldn't see me I said yes. He cleared his throat and continued as I wiped the sweat from my forehead and sat down.

"Its true..." he began and I held my breath, "My investigations have led me to confirm that one Brad and Lilly Krieger share at least one common parent. In this case it would be the father that passed the gene down. That would explain there pull towards each other as well as...." he continued but I had stopped listening to him as the news settled down within me. Even though I suspected as much I didn't or rather couldn't believe it.

Then again that despicable shadow pack alpha was known for "spreading" his seed wherever possible. What he hoped to accomplish nobody knew for sure but it couldn't be anything good. When the Krieger pack ravaged that pack very few wolfs had survived the attack and spread out was this Brad one of the Shadows survivors.

"I don't believe he even knows this himself but you would have to check in with him to make sure. After all if like I believe his mother was one of the unfortunate mortals it would explain why she would hide his biological father." He finished off leaving me kinda confused since I didn't know what he meant but I didn't show it.

"Thank you so much your payment will be wired to you this afternoon until next time." I said and hanged up then after some thought I picked up my phone and looked at the screen again. I stared at it trying to decide what my next move should be. Should I tell her first, locate this Brad or keep this information to myself? I wired the money to Z's account and stood up looking out through the crystal door at Lilly.

She seemed happy but like always her expression was pained and I knew why. She missed and needed her mate but she was confused and unsure. I could fix every doubt and make her happy, I could bring her closer to her mate with just one word from me. Lilly chose that moment to turn toward the door and looked into my eyes. In her eyes I saw sadness as she motioned for me to go back outside but I couldn't not yet. I looked at her again before walking to my room and making my choice.