CHAPTER 77

FYI :
This is happening earlier and at the same time as the Daniel/Ashley (Danley?) chapter.

Brad's POV

My sister was injured, her guard was resting per Lilly's orders and her mate was seconds away from burning the house to ashes. Now here I was having to deal with this packs Alpha and his pesky son. "Alpha Maddox, please take a seat. Jeremy, stay and be a good...guest." I was dangerously closed to being desrespectful but Jeremy irritated me till no end. I knew what he had put my sister, Lilly, through and I knew that even though she liked pretending like it didn't bother her anymore, it still did.

I saw the hurt in her eyes everytime she let her guard down when he was near. "Where's Lilly." Jeremy demanded and I scoffed at him, as Marcus walked by on his way to the kitchen. "Tea and sandwiches, Tea and sandwiches, Tea and sandwiches." He murmured, "She's being taken care of with her mate." I explained with a smirk. "Is she alright? I saw the bloodshed when I arrived at the scene. One of the rogues was...he was charred and I need to know what happened."

Charred? Lilly charred someone. Huh, I knew she had an affinity for fire but I just had no idea how far it went; and to be honest I never wanted to be at the wrong end of that attack. "That explains it." I whispered to myself and got up to pace the room. She was unusually tired and I knew using ones ability took a toll on you just like anything else; not to mention the blood loss. "Explains what?" They asked and I turned to look at them.

"When she comes out of the infirmary we'll see if she can and wants to talk. Alpha, its not my place to explain since I wasn't present at the time of the attack." I told him completely ignoring the previous question. "What happened to the rogues?" I questioned and Jeremy smirked as if to show me that he wouldn't say a word but he didn't have to because his father told me what I wanted to know.

"Most of them were dead at the scene, some of them were burned and only two survived," he paused and I took that moment to notice Jeremy's incredulous look, "They were taken care of." He finished just as the infirmary door opened. I walked out to the hallway with them closely behind me, "Lilly!" Marcus called out rushing forward with a small plate piled with sandwiches and a bottle of my sisters favorite tea.

Lilly was cradled in Nathan's arms, her arms wrapped around his neck and her face nestled in his neck. Casey popped into my head and for a second I imagined her in my arms but of course without a wound. Lilly turned towards us at the sound of Marcus's voice and for the first time noticed us, her vision zeroed in on the Alpha. "Alpha Maddox, Hi." Lilly murmured weakly, "Alpha forgive any rudeness but she needs to rest. She's lost blood and her injury is healing. If you want to talk you'll talk later." Jay, our resident medic, told him.

Jay wasn't a professional as far as we knew but he had experience. Where he got that experience I had no idea, and I didn't dare ask. The Alpha nodded in agreement much to Jeremy's apperant displeasure. I could tell he wanted to speak up but he didn't do not with his dad present, "Get better soon, Lilly. If you need anything let me know." He added as he opened the door and stepped out, "I will Alpha Maddox." She replied as both Jeremy and he walked out and closed the door.

Nathan began walking upstairs with Lilly and I followed them up along with Marcus, "Marcus, let me help you with that." I told me and he gladly handed me the plate of sandwiches, "Thank you." He told me as we continued walking up the stairs, finally we reached Lilly's room and stepped inside. "Can I talk with my sister...alone. Please," I asked Nathan and Marcus. "Just for a minute, I won't take long." I assured them and Lilly nodded, "Ok," Nathan murmured and stepped out with Marcus.

"Lilly, I know your injured and I want to stay with you but I..." I stopped, I mean what was I suppose to tell her? She, my sister, was hurt and here I was worried about having to cancel my date with Casey. "Spit it out little brother." She teased, "I have a date with Casey later on today and I guess I just don't want to cancel it but...I don't want to leave you here either." I admitted. "You're asking for permission? From me?" She questioned sounding unsure.