CHAPTER 75

Daniel's POV

The rogues came out of nowhere blocking our path and sending us flying towards the trees. I grabbed Lilly pulling her towards me and cradling her head on my chest just as we hit the trunk. I created a shield but even that was like hitting a wall at a high velocity. "Ahhh!" I screamed and grinded my teeth as my body absorbed the shock. Growling could be heard all around me, "Looky what we have here, boys." Someone exclaimed jokingly as I tried to regain my sense of direction.

"So tell me muscle man, where is that pretty little friend of yours?" WHAT!  I got up suddenly realizing that Lilly was no longer in my arms. I looked towards my side trying to find her but she wasn't there. I caught a glimpse of Nathan fending off four rogues as anger filled me. One of the rogues around me, the possible leader, got closer trying to reach my collar only to have his hand viciously bitten away by a blur of violet and black.

Fur erupped everywhere as we shifted and I went for there throats. Lilly whiplashed the leader by the hand she held firmly between her canines before tossing him aside and bitting the next in land. Help, Nathan! I heard her yell at me as she furiously tore into one of the rogues who howled in pain as his blood spluttered over him. Nathan was actually doing pretty well taking in mind that he stood alone against four.

It was against my better judgement but I also couldn't disobey a direct order so I rushed to Nathan's side. We quickly dealt with the four wolves attacking him until I heard a noise I hoped never to hear. Lilly's loud scream. We both turned around to see a wolf latched on to her arm. Lilly exploded in flames causing the wolf on her arm to howl in agony as the fire licked at his fur and exposed skin filling the air around us with the smell of burnt hair.

She threw him off and limped towards him but we beat her to him. The poor thing never knew what hit him as we ripped into him making sure he died. By the time we finished we could hear other wolves coming closer but there scents were familiar. We shifted to human and Lilly screamed punching a tree with her good hand in the process, "Ahhh! Dam it, this hurts like hell." She screamed holding her bitten arm. Nathan held her murmuring into her ear, "You'll heal soon 'Lil. It'll be alright trust me."

I walked over to Nathan's truck with the open door in the middle of the road and took out a botle of water made from our special blend from his glove compartment. I made it back just as several pack wolves came through the trees. "Holy mother of god, what happened here?" Someone asked but was quickly overshadowed by Lilly's cursing. "Lilly?" Someone asked as Nathan picked her up bridal style and began walking toward his truck. "We were attacked by rogues. What the hell do you think happened?"

Nathan's reply earned a few evil glares, "We're taking Lilly home." He stated after I lugged the bikes into his trucks trunk. "She needs to go to the medic not home." Jeremy spoke up coming through the ranks of guards, "She's injured. She needs help." He repeats but he's only telling us something we already know. "Put me down. Put me down Nate, dam it!" Lilly demanded and Nathan relented with an adoring smile on his face.

"Jeremy, you missed all the exitement. Now, you have to clean up this mess," she told him pointing towards the dead and injured wolves, "While I go home and treat my arm." She finished and began walking back but Jeremy stopped her. She winced and Nathan pushed him off her with a growl, "Watch what you fucking touch." He sneered and Jeremy got up snarling, "How dare you!" He growled back and began walking towards them again before crashing into my wall.

"What the hell," he murmured, "Nathan, get her in the truck now. Sorry, we can't stay and talk Mr. Maddox but as you've made her injury worse we must be leaving." I explained and got in the drivers seat to head home. Jeremy and his friends kept trying to walk towards us but none of them could get through my field. They didn't understand it and it was fustrating them but they'd be free to go as soon as we left. "Lilly, are you ok?" I asked and she nodded from the crook in Nathan's arm.