Chapter 26

Lilly's POV

"You're an alpha!" I hear Jake say surprise clearly present in his voice. I look at him as he keept his eyes on the road "I am. That's why Danny and Nate are with me. My grandfather insisted I have a guard and it was them two or a small army." I said with a strained laugh. He stopped the car as I noticed that we had reached his place. I reached to my side to unbuckle myself but couldn't for some reason. "Here let me." He said and reached over me. From the corner of my eye I saw something move in the shadow but when I looked again it was gone.

"There you go." He said as the belt slide back into place. I look behind him but whatever I had seen was no longer there. "Something wrong?" He asked me following my gaze. "No...." I said and got off. I reached in the back and got most of my bags while he got the rest but there were still some bags left. "Let's go drop this off and come back for the rest." He said as we took the elevator up to his place.

Then he knocked on the door and Danny opened it. We left all the packages on the floor next to the couch and I looked around for Nathan but he wasn't there. "Where's Nate?" I asked and Danny looked at me. "You didn't see him outside?" He asked me surprised. "No we didn't." Jake said. "You were together? You knew where she was." He stated as if he already knew the answer.

"He saw me at a store where I was shopping and offered me a ride back since I didn't know where to go." I said quickly before he questioned Jake further. I saw doubt in Daniel's eyes but he said nothing else. Then it clicked, 'He was the shadow I saw.' "I'm gonna go get the bags that are left." I said and made my way back out both Danny and Jake followed me out. "His car is gone." I heard Jake say and I turned to look at him.

"Which one was his?" I asked him. "The black tinted truck." He said and I looked around but it really was gone. They helped me get the rest of my bags and we carried them inside. I looked at my watch to see 7:00pm reflected back to me. We had been out for a couple of hours but there was still time to go clubbing.

Jake showed me towards the room I would be using and I carried all my things inside. "What's a good time to leave?" I asked Jake before closing my door. "Around 10:00." He answered me. "Ok, thanx." I said and closed my door. I looked at the clock on the wall. 'Its barely 7:30pm.' I thought 'Enough time to relax before the fun really starts.' I thought and laughed to myself.

I let all my clothes fall on the floor and walked into the shower with my floral shampoo. I start running the water for my bath and once its ready I fill it with my special made bubble bath. As I poured the right amount into the water I remembered how I first made it. I had gathered dew water and plucked a few flowers during the full moon before infusing them into the mix.

Just as I was about step into the water I heard something that seemed to be carried in the wind...'I miss you' I froze and looked towards the distance. "Oh, Brad..." I sighed and stepped into my soothing herbal bath. An hour an a half later I got out drained the bathtub and drapped a towel around myself. I walked into the room and opened my suitcase. After a few minutes I decided on putting on a white crop top and some black skinny jeans. I dried my dripping wet hair a little bit and walked out to the living room.

Danny was sitting on the couch watching the sports channel with Jake. They looked up at me and I could feel myself blush. "Anybody hungry?" I asked trying to break the awkward silence. "We were gonna order take out." I heard someone say besides me as an angry looking Nate stepped out from the kitchen with some blonde bimbo. I felt my blood boil as I quickly looked them both over.

Nathan's POV

I saw Jake leaning over Lilly as if to kiss her and my entire skin flikered in anger. I turned around. 'HE GETS TO KISS HER!' I thought angriely to myself before realizing that had been walking down the street for who knew how long. I took out my phone and dialed a number I knew very well. After just two rings they picked up. "Hello." She said and I smiled. "Ruby, I'm in town do you have some spare time?" I asked her picturing her nodding. "Course I do. Were do you wanna meet."

Ruby's POV -- Aka 'The Blonde Bimbo'

The look on the girls face said it all. She was jealous no doubt about it. There was no girl who didn't know that look. When Nathan called I answered him immediatly like I always did. Once we'd agreed on the place to meet I got ready and headed out to meet him. When people saw us they always got the wrong idea about us but Nathan never seemed to care what anyone said about us.

Whenever they saw us they instantly thought we were hooking up but nothing could be farther than the truth. The moment I got to the place he started telling me about this girl who occupied his thoughts unlike any other girl before her. "I don't know what I'm feeling towards her. I don't know what to about it. She doesn't seem to be interested in me since she already has a guy but its a long distance thing apperantly." He said.

I heard him sigh. "Everytime I see her my heart races and when we touch it feels like...like an explosion. Its a disaster when were together but I can't seem to want to get away from her no matter what I do. When were apart its an agony and were together I feel like ill be consumed in fire. She has never given me a clue or a sign of anykind to make me believe she feels anything like I do. She's my mate I know it but does she?"

He said finally and looked towards the distance at an unknown object or something.

"Have you asked her if she feels anything for you?" I asked him. "No, she's a special wolf and I...I couldn't." He told me sadly. "Special how?" I asked him unsure of what he was talking about since I was new to being a wolf. "Remember how I told you about wolf ranking?" He asked me and I nodded remembering the lessons from not so long ago. "Well, she's a higher rank than me when it comes to the wolf position ladder." He said.

I looked at him. "That doesn't make any difference Nathan. You know as well as I do that if you really want this girl you have to fight for her. You have to show her that you deserve her, show her that she's your world and nothing will keep you from being with her." I said and he looked at me. "Besides Nate if you're sure that she is your one and true mate and you're feeling like you do then I'm positive that she feels the same about you." I finished and he smiled at me.

"Want to meet her?" He asked me smiling. "Oh, no no no. No, Nate you're not gonna use me to get to her." I said already knowing what his smile was about. "Oh come on Ruby just alittle." He fake begged me. I laughed before agreeing to his crazy plan. "Well ok but if something happens its all on you." I told him and he nodded. "You know this might backfire on you, don't you?" I asked him. "She's worth every risk." He said seriously and we got into my car since he had walked to our meeting point apperantly.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Ooooooooh! What's there plan? Can anybody guess????? Also if Ruby's connection to Nathan isn't sexual or something similar then what could it be? Do you know? Hope you enjoy this chapter! Sorry that I took longer than expected but well there's stuff going on at home. However here's a little treat for everyone! I will TRY to upload again on the weekend but if something comes up and I don't don't be dissapointed. Be patient with me pretty please ^__^

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

As always please don't forget to vote! Add the story to youre library! Share it! And of course 'drum roll' COMMENT! Yay! Excuse all the exclamation points I think I mightve had too much sugar today lol!