CHAPTER 70

*You and Me - Lifehouse*
*No One - Alecia Keys*

PLEASE FORGIVE ALL MISTAKES!

APPRECIATE IT CUZ  ITS 11:01 PM HERE IN TEXAS AT TIME OF UPLOAD.

Lilly's POV

"Welcome to advanced swimming class. It has been brought to my attention that two new students have been enrolled in my class without prior swimming classes. Seeing as this is an advanced class I suggest you two take a lower level class." The teacher a fit but angry looking man in shorts decrees while Alecia smiles from the bleachers besides the school pool. "Well with all due respect, Sir. I suggest you let us show you our swimming skills before you decide to loose this years competition." I add with a smile full of sass.

He stares at me and then smiles but I know he's defying me. "Ok, Miss. Riverdale I will give you and your little friend one chance to beat Alecia's record with The Backstroke, The Butterfly and The Corkscrew. If even one of you fails you will be dropped from my roster." He exclaims daring me to do it and expecting me to fail. His tone showed his disdain for me after I defied him. He wanted to see me walk away in shame because those moves were professionals used in competitions but he was sorely mistaken if he thought I would back down.

"Ok, sir and just what record is that?" I ask him with a smirk. "Swim and you'll find out or leave my class. Now if you're going to swim I suggest you change and get to it." He tells me and point at the locker rooms. I didn't take more than two minutes to change and come back. We were all wearing the school sanctiones swim suits. We took our positions and the coach blew his whistle signaling the start.

We launched into pool quickly paddling our way across as fast as humanly possible without seeming suspicious. As we came up from the last lap I saw the coach's incredulous face as we rapidly finished The Corkscrew and resurfaced wet. Our breaths slightly rushed but nowhere near to what they should be for a regular swimmer. The look on his face and Alecia's said it all. We bested them. I pulled off my swim cap and dried myself off. "So how did we do?" I ask.

He just stares at me and clears his throat, "You may all stay you have beaten Alecia's best record. Congratulations now go change and come back." I nod and we do as he ordered. Just as I slip on my jacket Alecia steps into the locker room heading towards me. I ignore her and close my locker after taking out my things. "Don't think you've won." She sneers and put my backback over my head. "Oh, Alecia I don't think I won. I know I won." I snicker and begin walking out but she throws her fist at me connecting with the cold steel of the lockers.

I laugh and leave her there nursing her injured hand. I had dodged her easily and that confused her but it shouldn't have. After all I was already expecting it. "Lilly that was awesome. I didn't know you could swim. When did you get so good?" Liz asks me as we sit down next to her for the rest of the class. Daniel sits dutifully by my side as Liz chatters away while I smile and nod. By the time we leave the class everyone can sense just how pissed off Alecia from having her record broken by newbies.

"Students in every class today you have been asked to do introductions but in my class we do things a little differently. If you've had me before you know the drill but for those new students this year I will explain," The cheerful teacher begins adjusting her glasses, "As new students you are asked to play or sing us an appropriate song of your choice to determine your musical level." She adds motioning for Nathan, Daniel and I to step forward.

"Do you three have anything in mind?" She asks and we nod. "I'll go first." Daniel speaks out and heads for the piano. He plays a slow hauntingly beautiful tune that last no more than three minutes. The teacher wipes away a tear as he finishes and steps off. "Who's next?" She asks and Nathan walks up to the instruments. He picks up a guitar and stands in front of a microphone. "This song is called You and Me." He begins strumming the guitar with a smile. His eyes on me.