The truth comes out

Start from the beginning

For the next 2 hours we basically just sit at the institute doing nothing. Until I hear Grace crying. I sigh and say "I will go get her" and I leave to go to our bedroom. Cookie gets up at the same time I do and she runs ahead of me to the bedroom.

When I get in there cookie sits by Grace's bassinet and is looking down on her. It's cute. "Come here sweet girl," I say as I pick her up. She keeps crying. "Shh... shh... I've got you. It's all right. What's wrong baby? Huh? Shh..." I say and try and calm her down. I sit on the bed and hold her. She eventually calms down. "Did you stay with your daddy when you came home? Huh? Do you want to go see aunt Isabelle? She has been wanting to see you since we got home" I ask her. She looks up at me. "Come on baby girl. Let's go see Jace and your aunt Isabelle" I say and take her from the bedroom.

When I bring Grace down to the living room where Isabelle and Jace are. Cookie stays right next to my side. Isabelle leaves and comes back with a colorful mat we got for Grace and I set her down so she can be with us and us not have to hold her. "Are you sure cookie or bear isn't going to hurt her down there?" Jace says sounding worried. "No, but if they try and hurt her we will stop them hopefully before they do," I say.

Cookie goes and sits beside where Grace is laying. Grace looks over at cookie. Cookie bends her head down and touches Graces' face with her nose and Grace laughs. Cookie does it again and Grace laughs again. We all watch the two. Cookie lays down next to Grace. Grace grabs cookies ear and pulls it. Cookie lets her. She just lays down on her side next to Grace. Grace puts her tiny hand on cookies snout. Cookie lays there next to Grace.

They lay there together next to each other for a few minutes. Bear drops the rope toy that he has been chewing on and walks towards Grace and cookie. Cookie sits up quickly and growls lowly at bear. Bear turns and walks the other way. "Cookie is... protecting Grace," Isabelle asks surprised. "I guess so," Jace says. Cookie walks back to Grace and sniffs her all over. Grace giggles and grabs cookies' nose. Cookie lays back down next to Grace.

Grace falls asleep. Cookie scoots a little closer to Grace and lightly sets her head on Grace. "Cookie is gonna hurt her," Jace says sounding worried. "I guess she's doing it lightly so she doesn't hurt Grace," I say.

We all keep watching them for a few more minutes making sure Cookie doesn't hurt Grace. She doesn't she just lays next to Grace watching her. "What do you want for your birthday Jace," Isabelle asks. "I don't know," he says and shrugs. Izzy humphs out a breath. "Well that doesn't help," she says. He shrugs again.

Jonathan and Alice walk in. "Clary can we talk to you," Jonathan asks. I get up and go over to them. "I'm sorry Clary. Peter wants to meet you. I don't know why but he does" Alice says. "You don't have to go if you don't want to" she adds. "It's fine," I say and we leave the library. "Does he have the sight?" I ask. "It goes in and out," she says. "I've never heard of that happening before," I say. "Yeah, it's weird. Like right now he doesn't know this is the institute. He just sees an abandoned church. Sometimes he will see it sometimes he doesn't" Alice says. We all go down the elevator.

I meet peter outside of the institute. "Well I never expected someone like you to live in an abandoned church," Peter says to me. "It's nice and quiet," I say. "Hm... well it's nice to meet you. Alice isn't too bad is she" He asks me. "She's great," I say. "Well good if you ever have a problem let me know," he says back.  "Okay but I don't think I will," I say. He has some look in his eyes, one I have seen before. I ignore it though.

"So what is your new last name? Did it use to be fray right? Jonathan and Alice told me you are married" he asks. "Yeah it used to be fray, I am married. My last name is now herondale" I say. "I like it. Where is he now?" Peter asks. "Upstairs with our daughter and two dogs" I answer. He looks shocked. "You have a kid already," he asks. "Yeah," I say. "She's cute too," Alice says. "How old are you," he asks me. "24," I say. "Wow. You don't look 24. You look younger" he says. "Well thanks," I say.