Transmorphing

Kirstie was the second to arrive, Luke having appeared in the living room half an hour before, with his large shipment of medical supplies. Rob helped Kevin unload the van while the Vampire gave his friend the items he needed for a special shipment. She took the paper he'd written everything down on and placed it underneath her pen on the clipboard she carried around.

Luke and Tim were outside working on teleportation, which both scared and confused Rob & Austin, when Esther arrived. She had walked around to the back of her van to begin unloading pallets of fruits & vegetables when the van rocked briefly. She peeked around the open door to see a thin man, a Centaur and little green fairy rushing to her van. 'What the...' she thought as she walked to the front.

"Tim! Are you ok?" The Centaur questioned, morphing back into the tall, chubby, bearded male she'd seen around the fortress.

"Ugh. That hurt." The man sitting on the ground stated as he was helped back to his feet.

"I would imagine so. You slammed into the front of this van!" The bearded man's eyes twinkled.

"I'm never going to get teleportation down!" Tim kicked his right foot out with heavy sigh.

"That's why you practice. Maybe we're starting too big. Let's try smaller "jumps" and then go from there. Come on." The shortest man in the small group said as he took Tim by his arm to lead him back to where they had been standing previously.

"Hello, Esther! Just another day at the fortress!" Kevin smiled at her as he walked up.

"Seems like you've got a house full!" Esther grinned back as they walked to the back of her van.

"Oh, there's three more inside. Two are still injured and one is in her room trying to work on transforming by herself because she's a little self-conscious." Kevin explained

"Oh my! Do you need to change your shipments then?" Esther grabbed her clipboard so she could write any changes he might need.

Kevin nodded as he looked away in thought, "Yes but I'll have to go through and see what we use the most and what we don't. I'll give you a ring when I have a better list. For now, just double when I get shipments."

Having the two shipments he was expecting, Kevin began putting everything up. 'Having super human speed sure comes in handy!' Kevin laughed. Once the groceries and supplies had been dealt with, he headed upstairs to check on their newest guest and then Adam. The brunette's vitals were still low. Kevin's shoulders slumped slightly while his right hand rubbed the back of his neck.

'We have to get you better.' Kevin thought to himself as he moved closer to check on the man's nutrient bag. Thankfully, it did need to be changed as did the saline bag. 'At least his body is accepting both liquids.' Kevin thought as he looked over to the young man. The dark-skinned man wasn't sure when his guest was going to "wake up" or if he was going to wake up at all. Kevin decided he should check on his ankle wound before leaving to check on Adam. His wound appeared to be doing ok.

Adam was still out from the pain medicine but wasn't making pained noises. Kevin slowly walked down the hall to check on Olena. Hearing a gentle knock at her door, she flew to it a little too fast. Kevin could hear something hitting the back of the door so he slowly opened it up. He found a little white fairy sitting on the floor. She looked like she was rubbing her head which made him chuckle.

He watched, hands flying up to his face to hide his smile, as the little white fairy flew up and began flying in circles. She was small, maybe 3" tall, but very cute. Kevin looked on as the pearlescent wings carried Olena all over the room. She zig-zagged here and there as if unable to decide where she wanted to be or what she wanted to look at.