Chapter 62 // Their Secret Relationship

Humming, I half opened my heavy eyelids - not exactly taking notice of anything I could see. A hand was on my waist and trying to shake me awake. "Come on," A familiar, and sweet, voice told me. I smiled, staying between the point of awake and asleep. His hand crept around my stomach and stopped at the other side of my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. "Y/N... you need to get up," His breath tickled my neck as the sudden feeling of his warmth surrounded me.

I stayed there, as if in a dream, and ran my hand down his arm then held onto his hand. My smile grew wider, than it already was, listening to him whisper to me. Hearing him chuckle softly made me bring my knees up closer to myself. Almost wrapping myself around his arm. His hands soon moved to the sides of my face and turned it so I was facing him. "This isn't a dream you know," His hands moved up and pushed back my messy hair. As he did, my eyes finally opened properly.

I looked up to him, smiling down at me. Looking around his face, eye to eye, eye to smile, smile to cheeks, cheeks to eyes again. His lit up face forced me into a smile again. I took a quiet deep breath and held onto his hands, that were still on my face. "You look happy..." I croaked, still in a sleepy state. "When I get to see you in the morning, why wouldn't I be?" His soft words brang me faith.

He moved his head down and kissed my cheek, moving his hands back to cover my ears. "You still need to get up," Chucking again, he got up and out of bed. Leaving it cold. "Don't leave me..." I muttered, burying the back of my head into the pillow and closing my eyes again. A few seconds later, "Don't you dare go back to sleep" Negan picked me up and put me over his shoulder. "No..." I only just managed to breathe out.

My arms dangled over his shoulder as my head flopped down while I stared at the back of his legs. "Won't you let me sleep a little more?" I asked, pouting. "Nope," He pulled me back over, holding me up while my legs wrapped around his waist. My arm were around his neck, on his shoulders, "Please?" Shaking his head, he tried to let me down. "No!" I told him, resting my head on his shoulder while my legs and arms wrapped around him tightly. "Wha... Okay," He laughed lightly.

Time Skip

Laughing, "Okay, I'm going" His shoulders closed in around me from behind, as his arms around me were loose, and he kissed me. "Bye" was his reply, which was followed by a smirk. I walked out of our room and decided to check on 'Ana.

After I had ran down the stairs, I was walking by the Cafe when I heard: "No!" Coming from the kitchen. I paused and turned to the door immediately, thinking, 'what the fuck?' I walked over, and the closer I got, I heard Jenni talking and crying. "How could this have happened?" I heard her cry. I raised an eyebrow, pausing before going to open the door. "It's been a while, I think you should stop dwelling on it so much-" "How can I?!" Simon and Jenni spoke? Last I had checked, they didn't even know eachother existed.

I slowly pushed open the door, "Jenni, are you okay?" They both turned to me. "Y/N, I don't think you should be here-" Simon was interrupted. "No! Because your damn man killed my woman," She cried to me. "What?" "Amber! I'm talking about Amber," She yelled. "You and Amber were a thing? Since when?!" I asked. "Since it was none of your business-" "She had a thing for Negan, how?"

"She didn't! She loved me, like I loved her," Jenni was convinced Amber liked her, but I don't think she did. "We helped eachother with everything," She marched up to me, "I helped her with getting information on you, and she told me she would help split you both up!" She admitted. I clenched my jaw, tighter than I ever had before. "You both started all the rumours? But why would you want to split us up? What did I ever do wrong to you?!" I was demanding answers at this point.

"Jenni, stop. Y/N, let's leave," Simon tried to stop anything from getting out of hand. "Simon, shut the fuck up," I ordered, and he obeyed. He stood to the side uncomfortably, clearly wanting us to leave things alone.

"You got John killed. You killed my John. But what does that matter? Now you've got Amber killed too, and now you know everything! You ruined my relationship, I'll ruin yours!" Her angered face was right up close to my own. Everything that had happened involving me and John, then me and Amber with all the rumours flooded back.

I was reminded of how they both carried out similar things before dying. Dying from the hands of my man. All of the small, but annoying, rumours that found their way around the Sanctuary. It was all done by Amber and Jenni. How quiet they must have been for this all to still have been kept a secret.

The thought of her being the reason why me and Negan could have stopped being together angered me. But also the fact that she thought it was my fault they died, well no. They died because of what they did.

My hands were now fists and they were tightened to the max. I took a step back and in a matter of milliseconds, my elbow was back and my fist moved for her face. Simon was too slow to stop me. I hit her right to her nose and she moved back, holding her nose. "What the-" She muttered. "Don't you dare to fucking come near me again," I threatened and then turning on my heel, I left.