Chapter 22 // Awkward

I woke up, about an hour ago and decided I'd just go hang out with Alana in the doctors area, since I had nothing else to do. I made my way down the stairs, and was heading past the Cafe to her.

When Negan walked past. We made awkward eye contact, we hadn't really spoke since two days ago on our way to the Hilltop. I wasn't betting on that we would soon either. I broke the gaze, and looked down as I walked in to the doctors area as he walked outside. I frowned and walked to her room.

"Hey Alana," I smiled, weakly. She smiled back, "wait- Y/N, what's wrong?" She asked. I shrugged. "Aw, come on, you can tell me" she said as she down on her chair, and patted the patients chair. "I'm not ill-" "physically, emotionally or mentally ill, I'm still a doctor, come on now, tell me whats up; maybe I can help"

I sighed, giving in. "Well, you know, that guy... like the reason I asked for the test the other time?" She nodded, "well, from what I saw I guess, he was kissing some other woman... and, it's really awkward now" "do you talk?" I shook my head, "we spoke two days ago, and never since" Alana thought for a second. "Have you tried talking about what happened?" I nodded and shrugged at the same time. "Kind of? It was when we last spoke... he said she came on to him, but it looked like he went on to her- I mean- well, yeah" I looked down. "Oh wow, well, if he kept trying to convince you maybe he was being truthful? It seems pretty complicated, maybe you should go talk to him properly, Y/N. I can help as much as I can, but nothing will beat getting it at its source" she looked at me and smiled.

"How do I do that though? Whenever we pass, and we see eachother, it's so awkward" I told her. "Hm, try going to him? Or if he's close enough try to just speak to him; ask him if you can talk at some time" I nodded, and thanked her.

Time Skip

I was helping Alana clean her tools, after the last patient. "You've been here a while, Y/N, why not go relax? Or talk to him?" She told me, I shrugged. "I guess" after I finished helping her, I decided to leave. "Bye" I smiled, and she waved me off.

I walked out of the doctors area and was about to go upstairs, when I turned to see the kitchen. Then I thought about John and Jenni. I gulped and walked inside. No one was there, I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around. I shook my head and turned around.

I jumped, "oh my-" but then I tensed up. It was John. He stared at me and I stared back. "Looking for Jenni?" He asked as I squinted my eyes towards him. "None of your fucking business," I snapped back, walking around him to leave.

But before I did, he grabbed my arm and slammed me back into the wall. "Ow- what the fuck?!" I held the back of my head. He gripped tightly on to my arm, and got very close to me. "You told her?" "You think I wouldn't?" I clenched my jaw and almost started snarling at him. "I will ruin you, Y/-" "What's this?" A voice interrupted us. Our faces relax, but almost shocked. We turned to the door. It was... Negan?

John quickly let go of me and stepped back. "Nothing sir-" "Didn't sound like nothing when you threatened her," John paused, he had nothing to respond with. I looked down, to the side, away from Negan. It felt like he was the only reason why I got out of this, that's not true. I could've handled myself. How did he even know? Why did he come? There were so many questions but no answers. I straightened my lips and as soon as John walked away to work, I walked around Negan to leave.

As we left the kitchen, he called out behind me, "No thank you?" "Thanks," and with that I ran to my room. I sat up against my door and hugged my knees as my eyes made a figure eight on the floor.

'I don't know what to do,' I thought, 'how am I supposed to do anything right now?' I buried my head into my knees and contemplated almost everything. 'How was I supposed to take Alana's advice and put it into action? And Joh-' Knock knock. "go away!" I yelled, but they knocked again, "I'm busy!" It fell silent for a while, but just as I was going to sigh, they slammed their fist into the door.

My eyebrows furrowed in rage, I stood up and swung the door open. My head moved back slightly, and my face became more surprised than angry. "What- What do you want?" I asked him. "Let's just talk this out, please, like we did when you first arrived?" Negan pulled an unsure face. "Why should we?" I looked to the side, slightly angered again now. "Don't tell me there's nothing to talk about, because there is- Y/N- you know there is" he explained. "Maybe another time, but not now-" "Then when? What day, time?" He questioned. I shrugged, "when's best?" He shook his head, "when can you talk?" I shrugged again, but this time awkwardly.

"How about where it all started?" He asked. "Your room?" He nodded. "I guess-" "Tomorrow, 9'o'clock- I- um- see you then... I guess" and he quickly walked away; leaving me at the door, staring at the opposite wall.

I sighed, "okay" I shut the door and turned around, thinking of what excuses he would come up with this time.