Chapter 6 // The Hilltop

Yesterday was the day I finally got here, to "The Sanctuary" I looked around, and found out where's what; nothing special. They had a decent doctors place, cafeteria and garden area (for crops), but no one seemed... happy, but then again, what do you expect from a man who would smash your skull with a baseball bat just because you disagreed with him?

I've been here for about 3 minutes, pretty boring, I must say. Me, along with some of his saviours, were waiting in a strange hall type of room for Negan to arrive so we could go on a run; which I'm pretty convinced means: steal from another community. I was leaning against the wall, thinking about this whole place, when someone walks up to me, "well, hello there" he smiled. I raised an eyebrow, asking, "what the fuck do you want?" His smiled turned into a smirk, as his hand slammed against the wall beside my head.

"Oh, come on, no need to be like that" He stroked my cheek, which made me furious. I slapped away his hand, stood upright and threw his hand off the wall, "don't fucking touch me, you filthy shit" his face straightened, but just as he was about to speak, someone beat him to it. "Hey, now..." We both turned to the voice, my expression still angered. I didn't think seeing Negan would make me feel relieved, but it did; maybe he'll speak some words through his thick skull? Negan tutted, "I know what was going on here" He stared at the man infront of me, and strolled towards us both; as my expression softened. "No, sir" the man looked down, "sorry sir, it's not what it seems" He shifted 'Lucille' a bit as he tightened his grip on her, "so you weren't just trying to," Negan gestured to the mans dick, "force her to fuck you?" The man gulped, his eyes darting around the floor. "Alright, Listen the fuck up, and listen well. Y/N, here, is a part of all of you guys, and she is a very important one too" Negan raised his voice, "And what she says, goes. She has told me, personally, her name is Negan and let me tell you, she has better ideas than half of you put together" He leant back a bit for a second, while pointing his bat around, and walked slowly in a line, smirking. "Do you understand?" 'Yes sir" they all said afterwards. He walked back to the man infront of me and whispered to him, "don't worry, Alex, you'll get your punishment too" 'Alex' suddenly looked as if the life got drained out of him. 'I wonder what type of punishment he gives out, unless it's just more skull smashing'

A short moment after that, Negan told us all to go out to the front and get into the vans and trucks. I wasn't sure about the others, but me and Negan were in another van and were sitting next to eachother alone again. "He didn't do anything else, did he, Y/N?" I bluntly told him no, so I could move on to my questions.

"But, Negan," He looked over for a second, even though his eyes should've been on the road, "What was that all about, anyway?" He smirked a bit, "these men, they're way too scared to disobey me so when I say something it goes. Alex back there, well it's obvious what he was trying to do, and that's breaking one of my rules; so later, when we get back I'm going to punish him" I furrowed my brows a bit, "Well I got the whole "too scared" part, but what do you mean by 'punishment'?" He chuckled a bit, "you'll see" I nodded slowly, slightly unsure. "So you told them, I'm pretty important, huh" I raised an eyebrow, smirking. He looked at me through the corner of his eye, "well, of course," he smirked back. we both laughed for a few seconds before it turned silent. "Negan, Where exactly are we going?" "Some place, they call themselves, 'The Hilltop' I think, couldn't give less of a damn though"

My heart dropped. 'The Hilltop, Gabriel told Negan that Maggie died, shit' I kept a calm face, and just nodded. Rick told me not to open my mouth about Maggie, since he thinks she's dead. I hope she's holding up well there, she had Enid and Sasha which made me worry less; I knew I could count on them to look after her.

A while later we reached The Hilltop and the gates opened for us. When they did, Negan and his men drove in and got out of their vehicles. We all followed Negan to the man in charge of this place, I didn't really bother learning his name; since I didn't think he was that important to me.