Chapter 66 // It's Been A Long Time

"It feels like it's been forever since we've come down to the Hilltop," I told the two.

As it fell awkward, I suddenly realised why. "I don't want you talking to him anymore," Negan told Hecate bluntly. "What? But dad, he's not a bad person!" She tried to explain. "No, he's never done anything good for anyone," He kept a hard stare to the road infront. "Maybe not, but he's doing what he thinks is right," She looked at him pleadingly, then to me for a second. "How would you know?! He's probably using it all as an excuse-" As his voice started to raise, I butted in, "Calm down Negan, let's just hear her out. I get you and Mike haven't, ever, been on great terms but you can't keep her from talking to him"

He huffed violently, "He'll just get in the way, tear everything apart" "But that's what he thinks you're doing to mum, so really, aren't you doing the same thing?" Hecates words made the air in my lungs screech to a halt. "Don't ever say that again," Were the last words spoken in the vehicle.

Time Skip

When we got there, I nodded to Hecate - telling her that she could go to Mike. Negan saw, just as she ran off, "You shouldn't have let her, Y/N" I sighed, "It's her uncle, and if she can have a better relationship with him than us, then I'm fine with that. Let's try to be supportive of it?" He gripped onto his bat, moving it horizontally by his side.

"You still don't like her do you?" "What?" I looked up to him. He gestured towards his bat. Twitching a corner of my lips downwards for a second, I replied irritatedly with: "Of course I don't, and... it's a fucking bat. Not a person." Pulling a straight face, he slowly kissed his teeth. "Yeah... but we've spoken about this, so-" "So, we don't need to," I nodded. "But I'm still not letting some stupid lady-named bat stop me from fucking you dry," I grinned, hinting at what he was in for, and walked away.

Negan's POV

I smirked, licking my bottom lip, as I watched her leave.

Y/N's POV

I walked over to Sam, since it seemed like almost forever since I'd last spoken to him. I wondered how him and his man were doing - Scott, I think. He turned around, hearing my footsteps and I smiled, raising my hand. "Hey S-a-m-u-e-l,"  I greeted him. He scoffed, rolling his eyes as a joke, "Hi Y/N, it's been a while" I nodded.

"How've you been?" I asked, as we walked into the Hilltop together. He titled his head, to replace a shrug, "getting by, you know, you?" I nodded again, "Good. You and... Scott?" Laughing, he confirmed his name, "We're all good, thanks, you and yours?" He raised an eyebrow. "All good over here," I grinned, "But no more on me, tell me what you guys have been up to," I winked.

"I know what you mean... and I'm not telling you," He stuck out his tongue playfully, and I hit his arm as he moved away. "Sam! No! Tell me everything!" I laughed. "Okay, okay, fine!" He laughed with me, settling down as we went to pick up some boxes.

Sure, I didn't have to do anything. I could just stand around like Negan or Hecate, but it was nice to help out sometimes - as much as I could be a right bitch, I could also be nice.

"Oh! You're already there?" I asked in slight shock, smiling - after a while of him talking about himself and Scott. Nodding, his cheeks were flushed and he itched his face, laughing nervously, "Don't tell anyone" "I won't, I won't, don't worry," I assured him, "but damn. When do you guys plan on going all the way?" He shrugged slightly, "Not sure" I hummed, "Well, are you ready for it?" Uncomfortably, he asked me to repeat myself. "Are you ready for the bang bang splash?" I repeated, stupidly. He snorted, "'bang bang splash' I can't take you seriously, Y/N! But I... I wouldn't mind, I guess?" I nodded, taking it in, "Maybe take about it if it's going no where? It's good to talk about it, shows you're both comfortable enough with eachother" Thanking me, and laughing awkwardly, we went to put our third set of boxes away.

As we were, I looked to the side for a second. I noticed Enid, being really weird around a certain area. Squinting for a second, I thought to myself and told Sam that I would be back soon. I walked over to her.

"Why are you all weird?" I shot at her. She jumped, and turned to me, her expression hardening at the sight of me. "I'm not being 'weird', I'm just standing here" She tried to convince me. I scoffed, "go make yourself useful then" I noticed a door behind her, I grinned at an idea. "What?" She asked. "What?" I repeated. "Why are you looking at the door like that?" She asked, properly. "Just... you know, wondering what's behind that door, is all," Pushing past her, I went to the door.

Before I could open it, she grabbed my arm, "why don't you come over here, you told me to make myself useful, I can show you where we keep some stuff" I chuckled, "No." I yanked back my arm, and opened the door. Just what I thought. After scanning the room, I found a familiar face.

"It's been a long time, Maggie," I told her. Maggie stood up, bitch glaring at me with an unbelievable amount of hate. I put a hand to my chest, to mock her, "Oh... that hurts" "I'm sorry Maggie," I heard Enid say as her, now, saddened eyebrows furrowed. Maggie shook her head, telling Enid it was okay. I scoffed, muttering "Okay"

I shut the door behind me, after Enid came further in and stood beside Maggie. I sat on a chair by the door, leaning back in it. "Why don't you sit?" I told her, gesturing for the seat beside her. Silently, she obeyed and Enid moved closer. "How is it? You know, the baby?" I tilted my head. "As if you'd care," She snarled. I rolled my eyes, "Oh please, we both know that you know I was pregnant at one point"

The memories of being pregnant made goosebumps rush all over me, but I shook it off. "Well..." She started quietly, "It's all good" "Good," I nodded, "-And oh, don't worry, I won't horribly kill your baby like Daryl did mine. Heck, I'm not taking you back with us because all of a sudden I've found you again. I'm not a monster, Maggie" I explained, sounding a bit like Negan for a second. I saw an underlying reaction of shock on her face as I told her it was Daryl that killed my baby. She looked almost upset for me.

"Almost due?" I asked, freshening up the conversation. "Already done," She told me. I jumped, "Oh shit, yeah, it's been well over a year since that night. Boy or girl?" "Boy..." She nodded, slightly saddened at the reminder of the night Glenn died. "Well, congratulations. You've hidden him well," I admitted, raising an eyebrows - almost expecting her to tell me where he is. But, of course, she didn't. "Thanks," Was all that she replied with.

A/N: don't attack if you think Maggie's baby should be a girl, I'm going off that future group picture of before Glenn and Abraham died (in S07 E01 (I think)) because it was a boy