Chapter 43 // Softy

Negan's POV

"Alright men, You know what happened last week. If I see anyone going in even a little less harsh than they could, it's over- now let's go!" I announced. I marched over to my empty vehicle. Looking at the passengers seat, I tensed my jaw and remembered the last time she sat there. I got inside, held tightly to the steering wheel, after putting my seatbelt on. I sighed harshly and started heading for Alexandria.

I was not going to let these fucks go home free after this. My shoulders started to tensed as I drove on. I didn't want to leave her but she said I should, and I'll take this moment and spend it well. Any chatter or any fucking around and I'll send them off to where their filthy-selves should be. I bit on the inside of my bottom lip, as my jaw tensed more. "Fu- fuck!" I swore under my breath. A crack in the road caused me to bite hard enough, and now it was bleeding. I wiped my thumb over it and had a look. Sighing, I wiped the blood on my thumb away and ignored the, almost, unnoticeable pain from the bite.

As soon as we arrived everyone, including me, jumped out and marched to the gates quickly. I was not taking any of their la-di-da bullshit. I smacked Lucille on their gates. As the front man opened he first layer, he saw me and his face fell in shock. I saw seconds of panic before he opened it fully, then moving to the next one to let us in.

When we were in I gave quick, two-second-said, commands out for the men. While I was shouting the last few, Rick and I made eye contact. His eyes feared for his people, mine showed no mercy. His face changed to stern, and he walked over to me. Pricks walk to me.

I waited for him to get here and I spoke first, "Scared?" "Can we-" "Listen Rick. It's rude not to answer someone when they ask you something." I spat as I looked at him, down my nose. He hesitated, knowing what I wanted to hear, "Yes, b-" "Good... now what did you want to say?" As much as I wanted to kill this fuck, I knew I couldn't. "Can we please talk something out?" He held out his hands, almost as if a way to keep the situation under control.

I laughed at him. "Talk just won't work" "Please, Negan, you killed Daryl already - what else do you want?" He asked, almost in a whisper to keep it from his people. "Well Rick," I started loudly, "I want to show you what happens when one of your people fuck up" "I know- I'm sorry- Let's just-" "I don't think you are... I think you still haven't learnt what this is all about," and with that I walked away. I felt him watch me as I did.

I walked into one of the houses here and looked around. "No!" I heard someone yell at the back of the house. I raised an eyebrow, and squinted lightly. I strolled over and walked through a door. "Well, well!" I interrupted. A man, middle aged, just shorter than me, was stopping my men from working. He stared at me with his golfball eyes and straightened up. I noticed him gulp, and I smirked. "Today is your lucky day-! Take him out" I turned on my heel and walked out of the house. Behind me were my men dragging this bloke with them.

He screamed and squirmed, attracting a nicely sized audience. I cleared my throat and announced, "One!" Without even waiting, as soon as he was thrown to his knees, I swung. I swung so fast, I'm pretty sure he didn't even get to process that he'd just been thrown. His head bounced down to the floor and took his body with him. He was not getting back up. I crushed his skull with Lucille and her barbed wire hair, leaving only his remains behind.

Time Skip

"Two!" I swung to the left and his head almost ripped off his neck, from the jaw. He was lunged to the left with the motion of Lucille hitting him.

Time Skip

"Three!" I growled.

Time Skip

We walked back to our vehicles, as we did I wiped away the blood from my face with a random piece of cloth. I got in, and lead the men back to the Sanctuary. On the way, all that was on my mind was Y/N. Whether she was going to be happy that I just killed three of them, or not, didn't worry me as much as whether she was alright or not. My impatient ass tried to drive faster and faster.

When we did, finally, get there I left the men to their own jobs and looked for Y/N. I decided to check with Alana since she was already on this floor. I walked into her room, with a knock at the door. She turned swiftly in her seat and stood up when she saw me. "Oh- Negan, sir-?" "Y/N's not here?" She shook her head, and went on to explain she hadn't seen her all day. I nodded once, and left without a 'thanks'.

It may have just been me, but I felt sparks of anxiety at the mention she wasn't seen all day. I know Y/N spoke to Alana a lot, I would have thought at least once, just a passing, a smile? I ran up the stairs and to her room, I didn't knock out of worry and swung the door open, with a bang it bounced off the wall and slowly came back to me. I gave a sigh of relief, seeing her on the bed.

I slowly walked in and took off my jacket. I closed the door, and threw my jacket to the side, not caring where it went; keeping my eyes on her. Her knees were up, almost like the other night when I fell asleep with her on this bed. I put up one knee on her bed, and held her shoulders. "I- Y/N?" As her head slowly moved up, I moved my hands to her cheek. I ran my hands through her hair and I kissed her forehead.

Relief. That was what I felt, knowing she was still alive and safe.

I let go of her and kneeled infront of her, leaning against the bed. She moved both knees to the left and looked down at me silently. "Are you okay?" Brows furrowed in worry, I held her hand. With her other hand, she reached out and wiped a small part of my face. "It's okay," she told me, showing me I missed a bit of blood. I nodded, and put her hand to my forehead as I closed my eyes.

I was weak for this woman. And I knew it.