Chapter 12 // Daryl's Saviour?

It's been a few days since I agreed to being Negan's wife and I was waiting for him in the empty hall, so he could take me to the cells and bring out Daryl. It didn't take long for us to regain some of the ways we used to be; before we broke up. Sam offered to stay with me, even though he was busy, so I told him I would be fine alone. I stared out of the small gap through the doors, and noticed how bright it was today. I watched people working, and even though they were forced to they all seemed to keep their head up; good on them.

Soon later, Negan did arrive and smiled. "Did I keep you waiting?" He shut the door behind himself and walked over to me. I smirked, "I've been waiting all night and all day, where were you?" He put Lucille to the side, leaning against the wall and put his arms around my waist. "You've got to forgive me, Y/N" I put my arms around his neck, "I'm a busy man" I raised my eyebrows, "Too busy for me?" "Maybe... but I can change that" We smirked at eachother, as our noses touched. "And maybe, I'll let you off this time" We kissed, then fitting a smile midway, we kept kissing.

A few seconds later, we heard footsteps. 'Shit!' Before we very quickly stopped, Negan gave me a big kiss, bending my back slightly. He then grabbed Lucille and started talking to me about random duties. I could tell he had a very small, almost unnoticeable smirk on his face, "Yes, next week we will be visiting-" they walked in. It was Sam. I gave a small sigh of relief, and myself and Negan turned to him, and I smiled. "Sam?" "Yes sir, we- um- Dwight has come back with someone new and told me find you" Negan sighed, "I'll be out as soon as I finish this conversation, go tell Dwight" Sam nodded, shutting the door behind him as he left.

"What a busy man," I smiled. He shook his head, smirking. "You're coming with me, I still need to show you the cells" I nodded, "I still want the rest of that kiss though, mister" I smirked and held the back of his neck, as he held my waist, and we kissed again.

Roughly 5 minutes later, we had almost reached the gates. I could see Dwight, with a few other Saviours around a man. He had curly hair, and bronze skin. Negan smirked, "Who do we have here?" The man didn't answer, so Dwight nudged him harshly. "Danny..." "Well, Danny, do you know who I am?" "Negan.." he growled. "And do you know who these people are?" He pointed at the Saviours, Danny shook his head. "Boys, tell him who you are" As Negan pointed at each of them, they said, "Negan" "Negan" "I'm Negan" "Negan" and so on. "So I'll ask again... who do we have here?" Danny clenched his jaw, "Negan..." Negan smirked, "Now that is more like it!"

Time Skip

After Negan explain everything to him, Dwight took him to his room. Danny chose to join the Saviours. The rest of them walked away, leaving myself and Negan alone. He turned to me, "Shall we go?" I nodded. 

As soon as we made it to the cells, Negan pointed me to Daryl's; giving me a key. I opened it, and saw him in dirty baige clothing with the letter A sprayed on. My eyes widened, as his were squinting from the dark. I kneeled beside him, hugging him. "Daryl?" I felt tears forming in my eyes but I tried to push them back. "Y/-Y/N?" He hugged back, "Why are you here-" "She's trading places with you" Negan interrupted. As Daryl's eyes adjusted, he saw him standing behind me. "Y/N... no, you need to leave, don't do this-" he pushed me out of the hug a looked at me. I shook my head, "No. You're leaving on the next trip to Alexandria Daryl" His face relaxed, almost disappointingly.

I told him to get up, then we walked out of the cell. Daryl leaned against the wall, as Negan locked the door and we started walking out of the place. "Where are we going?" He asked. I looked at Negan for a second, then spoke, "my room"

As soon as we got there, I opened the door and Daryl sat himself on a chair in the corner; rubbing his head. Before I walked in Negan held my shoulder and I turned out. "What are you doing?" He whispered. "He's going to stay with me-" I whispered back.  "We can get him a different room-" "No, he is really close to me, Negan. He's like a brother, please" Negan gritted his teeth and looked around, "fine... but if anything-" "nothing will happen" he nodded, and kissed me quickly. "Huh?" "Whether you say brother or no brother, you remember your mine" I smiled, "Of course," and returned a kiss. "Bye, doll" "Bye" I closed the door as soon as he left.

I turned around to see if Daryl had moved and was watching, luckily he hadn't. It didn't seem like he heard anything either, he had his head in his hands. I sat on the end of my bed, facing him. "Why?" "I didn't want you to be kept here Daryl, I want you to be with everyone else..." "Y/N-" "Daryl please... you've always helped me out without a second thought. Let me do this for you" He looked at me with sad eyes, sighing as a sign of defeat. "It's not like me saying anything was going to change your mind anyway." After that, I decided to explain what was going to be happening: that he would be staying with me until next week when we were going back to Alexandria, which was when we were taking him back. He nodded and we went down to get him some new clothes.