Chapter 24 // 7 Months Later

I was laying in his bed, the covers were over both of us and one arm on top of me. We laughed, "Hey, remember a some months ago?" I hummed, "When we fell out because of that whole misunderstanding?" I thought for a while, and looked back at him. "You mean-" he nodded. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, then turned back around, "Thanks for that reminder, jees" 

"Talking about the past: Alexandria keep getting more petty each time we visit," he said. "You could say that again, honestly, I don't even know why they keep fighting it. They won't win" I told him, he agreed. "Especially with you around here," he moved his hand and squeezed my ass. I sqeaked and turned around, holding his hand and hugging his arm.

"But even the Hilltop, I mean, they've pretty much already found out - it's just not as bad yet" I added. "Not wrong, but what about you? I mean, Mike is still there and," He looked away awkwardly, "well, Jesus too I guess" I sniggered, but then sighed. "You're right, but really, I don't know - you and Mike hate eachother, and we don't even seem like siblings since we stopped seeing eachother as soon as I left, anyway and I'm sure Jesus isn't going to betray his people" Negan nodded. "It'll have to be the same as Alexandria then, what else can I do?" He agreed, "it's their fault, they're missing out on you" he pecked my lips quickly and smiled.

I was shocked for a second, "oh my god," I laughed. He cupped the sides of my head, with my ears, squishing my face slightly. Then pecked at my lips and cheeks a few times too. I giggled in between, and tried to move my face away. "Negan, no," I said, muffled. I was finally able to move my arms between his, and hold his face back. He pouted. "Aw, but no" I grinned, widely.

Just as he was going to reply, with a grin back, there was a knock at the door. He looked in it's direction and huffed, "there's always a fucking knock" he whispered to himself as he got out of the covers. He went over me and quickly put on a top with some trousers. Before he opened the door, I pulled the covers over my head.

Negan's POV

I opened the door to one of the saviours, "what do you want?" I asked. "Sir, Gary was noted sick by a doctor and he was on gates. Who should take his shift?" "Haven't you seen Simon about this?" He shook his head awkwardly, "he left for his run a while before it happened," I nodded, "take Kyle" "yes sir," he then turned around and walked away.

Y/N's POV

After hearing Negan shut the door, I slowly popped my head out from under the covers. "What was that?" I asked, sitting up. "Gary fell ill, so I sent the kid to get Kyle to take his place" He explained, I nodded. I took the covers off my lap and I sat cross-legged; but also making my shoulders hug my neck as I pushed forward on the bed with my hands slightly.

He sighed, and asked himself, "What now..?" I shrugged, "me!" I got up and I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around him and my arms around his neck; as he quickly held me up. He walked back into the wall a bit, "oh shit, doll," he laughed, "I don't think so, though" I pouted sadly, "Why not?" "Well, I do need to still check everything's in order, especially the Gary situation" I groaned as he told me. "No, it can wait," I complained. He mouthed an apology and kissed me.

He put me down slowly, "make sure you get some clothes on too," he smirked. I huffed and started to grab them off the floor. I put them on, then sat on his bed. He looked over at me, "what's up?" "I'm bored," I mumbled. He chuckled, "I bet you are" "Ah... what can I do?" I asked him. He shrugged, "Why don't you talk to that Sam kid?" "I think he went with Simon" I hung my head, and sighed, "it's fine, I'll just go talk to Alana" "who?" "the doctor..?" "Oh, her, right okay," he nodded.

Time Skip

I laughed, "You had pretty strange friends, Alana" she nodded, laughing too, "not wrong there, Y/N, not wrong there" we laughed until there was a comfortable silence between us. Alana was tidying up a bit as I sat in her chair and was looking at my nails.

"So, what about you?" She asked. I hummed, "what do you mean?" "Like, before? How was it and all?" I nodded, "it was alright, you know, nothing massive but I had good people around" she nodded, "that's good, what about jobs and stuff?" "Oh, I was in training for military stuff- it wasn't super long though," I laughed. She looked back at me, impressed, "Oh, okay, hats off to you then. How did your friends and family handle it?" I shrugged, "they didn't know, besides one friend," I nodded to myself as I thought of how Jesus reacted to it, "he was super supportive though"

After a while of talking, someone walked in. I turned over to them, and they looked at me uncomfortably; so I got up and stood to the side. "Um- Alana, someone's here," I told her. She turned around and greeted them.