Chapter 40 // I Wish

"Are you sure? I don't think this is a good idea, Y/N..." We sat and spoke on his bed. I nodded. "Last week. Then after this I'm not going... until it's right" I looked over to him, as he gritted his teeth. "I don't know..." He furrowed his brows in worry. I smiled, reassuringly at him, and put my hands on his arm. "I'll be fine, trust me... I'll be wearing something baggy anyway" He sighed, "Fine- but someone has to always be with you and you can't go by yourself either!" He told me. "I won't be, don't worry, but okay" I flashed him a smile, then gave him a hug.

Time Skip

The next day, I woke up and wore the biggest jumper I owned. Soon later heard a knock at my door. I opened up my door and laughed, "Oh hey, Sam" he waved, using both of his hands and chuckled lightly afterwards.

We walked down to the hall together and spoke. "So, how's Scott?" I asked. He smiled. "We're actually pretty good friends, now," he told me, as we made it to the hall. I decided that I would just kind of stay to Sam, since Negan didn't want me to go off by myself. While we were in the hall, I whispered to him, "Hey, we should just sit back and be together today. What do you think?" He kept his gaze forward, but nodded very lightly. "I think it'll be great," I moved my eyes over to him, and I saw him smile.

After some time, we started moving over towards our vehicles. We waved bye to eachother, and hopped in our separate ones. I watched Negan walk over, and although he looked fine, I could tell he really wasn't happy about me coming. I turned my head as he came around to his side and got in.

"Do you have to?" He asked, as soon as he shut the door. I twitched the right side of my lip downwards, for a second, "I don't have to, but I want to" He shook his head and put his hand over the bottom half of his face, then dragged it down. "Okay..." We then started our journey to Alexandria.

"You are staying by someone right?" He asked, as we got closer. I nodded, "I'm going to stay with Sam" I noticed him clench his jaw. "You could always stay in the-" "No" "But what if-" "If something happens, then it'll be my fault and next time I'll listen to you" He didn't respond, but started tapping the stirring wheel instead.

When we got there, he didn't say anything but did open my door for me. "Thanks," I muttered. I knew he was upset about me coming, but I couldn't help it if I wanted to come this one last time. I went over to Sam, and we walked inside together more towards to right; Negan being closer to the left with Dwight.

It started to get a little windy, but lucky for me I had this big jumper on. I felt a subtle, but still painful, wave across my stomach. I clenched my jaw and put my arms over my stomach. Fortunately, just a while later of walking further in, it stopped. We walked further in, and sorted out all the housing for the men and they left.

I took a deep breath and smiled at Sam. "How long?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow, "You're pregnant - how long?" "Wait... how did you-?" "When the wind blew, it was just a bit, but I saw the bump," He smiled. "It's been about 16 weeks-" "Holy shit! Why are you here? What if something happens to you and-?" He whispered. I shrugged, "this was the last week anyway" He shook his head, "Aren't you from here?" I nodded. "Bad vibes, bro, I'll look out for you though," He winked. I laughed, "thanks bro" He lifted his hands up a bit, "don't fight the broness" We laughed.

"A- Fucking Christ!" I put a hand to the left side of my face. My hair moved violently, "This wind! Damn it!" Sam then moved infront of me, trying to block the wind. "Better?" He asked. I nodded, "thanks-" I heard him gasp. Everything paused. My eyes widened. I held my breath. And I screamed. The wind died down, but I screamed again. I held onto my stomach and fell to my knees. My eyes shut. I curled up into a ball. I felt the tears rush down my face, as I screamed again. I tensed up.

That was no normal hit. I looked up, to see Daryl staring down at me. Panting. I brang my head my chest and screamed again. "I wish- I never saved you" I managed to growl to him. This was more than bad. I heard people rushing around and near me. I heard mutters. I heard gasps. Then I heard a gunshot. Someone fell to the ground. I looked up enough to see who: Daryl. I was glad.

I screwed my eyes shut again. I felt a pair of arms around me, picking me up and running. It was the worst pain I had ever felt. I wanted it to end. I wished that I had listened. But I didn't. I was put into a vehicle and heard the door shut. I opened my eyes the smallest bit. Although it was blurry from all the tears, I recognised it was Negan. I curled deeper into a ball. I cried and screamed at the pain.

Until it all fell black.