Chapter 97 // Missing

"We were there for so long," I laughed lightly to Negan as the two of us got out of the vehicle. He nodded, "too fucking long, if you ask me."

Suddenly, the place seemed to pause. "You have got to be fucking kidding me," He growled. "Where is everyone?" I muttered to myself, walking alongside Negan to Simon. "Sir, people have just disappeared," He reported. "Well have you sent people to check?" Negan asked angrily. Simon nodded, "Yes sir, but nothing. No one was around."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I left to go look around inside. I saw Sam crying his eyes out in the cafe. "Sam? What's wrong?" I asked, genuinely concerned. "Scott... he's just gone..." he told me. I hummed in confusion and he nodded. "Just gone, he's no where." He rubbed his eyes and looked up to me. "A lot of people are missing... I wonder why. People were looking around, from what Simon told us, apparently they couldn't find anyone a long way around this place." I explained. "Don't worry, Sam. We'll find him." I smiled to him hopefully and decided to check for Alana.

I rushed through the doors and into her room, no one. "Alana?" I called out. Nothing. I ran around the Sanctuary, trying to find people. One or two were there, but a lot were missing.

I caught up with Negan in our room. He was sitting on our bed, contemplating the situation. I panted as I shut the door. "Running?" He asked, looking up from the floor. I nodded, "most people are missing, a lot really. Even Scott has gone and Sam is devastated..." He hummed, "Simon was saying how they were no where to be found, but it just doesn't make sense... how the fuck do people just 'go missing'? Especially now!" I could tell he was starting to get more angry than suspicious, so I sat by him and held his arm. "Don't get angry, come on, Negan. Let's just... try and work it out." He sighed deeply. "This is not fucking good."