Chapter 2 // Day Three

These few days I've been going out on runs by myself and getting more stuff, for Negan. I marked the door from the day I ran into him and two others. I managed to get a good few things, others not so great. I found a pistol on the floor of one shop, next to a dead walker, it only had 3 bullets but I handed it over to Rick.

I was putting a plaster on my arm, from where I accidentally cut myself a few moments ago, when I heard three bangs on the gate outside. Confused, I walked outside to see what was going on. I walked down the steps of my house as I watched the gates open. 'Negan? What is he doing, it's not been a week yet' I walked over cautiously, as I finished with the plaster. My eyes squinted as he strolled in, with that darn bat on his shoulder. I walked closer towards them but Carl stopped me, I looked at him and Judith but he just shook his head.

A bunch of men came in, behind him. He was talking to Rick, but I couldn't make out what it exactly was. I saw the men, and a seriously low amount women, start walking into houses more closer to the gates. I told Carl to get into my house with Judith quickly, as he did I started walking backwards to my place. I kept an eye on what was going on, and if anyone was walking to my house. I watched Negan and Rick walk towards the place where the food was usually kept. My eyebrows furrowed as I quickly made a run for my house, I shut and locked the door behind me.

Carl was in the livingroom, holding Judith. "Carl," I whispered as I gestured for him to come towards me. When he did, I told him to get upstairs and to my bedroom, "I'll get something for Judith, incase she cries" he nodded and went upstairs the fastest he could. I ran into the kitchen and got a banana, plate and spoon. If she cried, or was hungry, we could at least mash this banana so she could eat it. I went upstairs and gave it to Carl, then explained what it was for. He understood and thanked me. "You're welcome" I smiled, "I'll be downstairs, if you hear someone coming, even if you think it's me, don't unlock this door" "I know, don't worry, Y/N" We smiled at eachother and I patted Judith's head and walked out of the room. After I heard Carl lock the door and walk away from it, I went downstairs, shut the curtains and sat in the livingroom; waiting.

A few, long, moments later, I heard someone trying to open the door. I tensed up as I heard them try a few times, pushing against the door. I heard them walk away. I took a deep breath, 'Thank shit' A good few minutes passed and I heard footsteps walking up to my door. Two pairs of feet. They tried opening the door once, then I heard the two people talking. I couldn't make out the voices, they just sounded like mummbles.

I heard a knock, three long knocks. My eyebrows furrowed, then I heard a familiar voice say, "Don't make me have to knock down this door" 'Of course, it was Negan. I bet he was holding that stupid little bat of his too' I stood up from the sofa and slowly unlocked the door. As I opened it, Negan was watching it open with a smirk. When he realised it was me, his smirk slowly vanished and his jaw clenched. "Y/N?" He was with one of his men, one I hadn't seen before. I stared at him and nodded. He scoffed, then told the man next to him to go because he'd "handle it"

I turned to the side, to let him in and I shut the door behind him. "I guess we met in a similar way to last time then, hey, Negan?" I raised an eyebrow as I followed behind him into the livingroom. "Well, I do fucking guess so" I stared at the bat on his shoulder as we sat opposite eachother. "Still full of hate?" I laughed a bit, "like you're one to talk" I looked him up and down. His face went serious, "you know what I'm talking about, Y/N" I rolled my eyes, "I'm passed it" I got up and walked to the kitchen. I heard his footsteps follow me, "Quite fucking clearly, you have, haven't you?" He said, sternly. I sat at the breakfast bar as he stood opposite, with just one hand on the counter. I sighed, ignoring him. "Why are you here, Negan? It's not been a week" he kissed his teeth and smirked, "I missed you" "yeah right, Negan. Be serious about this for once will you?" The smirk left his lips and he said, "duty called" "early?" He nodded. I shook my head, looking down. He noticed the plaster on my arm then asked, "why is that there?" I looked down at my arm, "Just a cut" He was going to reach for it but he didn't.

It went silent for a while before Negan spoke, "when are we going to talk about this, Y/N?" I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised again, "about what?" "This" I licked my lips, biting my bottom lip at the end, "there's nothing to talk about, Negan" He gave an unimpressed look, "so you don't think there's anything we need to talk about from when-" "don't" I interrupted him and he sighed. "This is your problem, Y/N" I clenched my jaw a few times, "what is?" "You don't fucking talk about anything, that's what!" I groaned and got up, leaning against the counter, facing away from him. "Look, Y/N, I'll call off all this and we won't touch your place, this time around-" "If?" I heard him chuckle a bit, "you always know there's an if. If, you tell me one thing, right now" I sighed and asked what it was. "Tell me, are you still mad about it?" I laughed, shaking my head, "of course," I stopped laughing, "Of course, I fucking am, Negan" I turned my head to the side to see him and he nodded, "Okay, doll-" "No-" "Sorry, It's just-" "No." He sighed, and started walking out of the kitchen. I followed him to the door. "Thanks for telling me honestly, Y/N" he gripped onto his bat, 'Lucille', and opened the door and walked out.

I stood in the door way and watched him and he started yelling for his people to return to the gates. I sighed, 'God damn you, Negan' While his people started leaving, he looked back at me and flashed a quick smile. Thankfully no one realised, and with that, they were gone. The gates shut and everyone was stood staring at them. I walked back and shut the door.

I ran upstairs and knocked on the door, "Carl, it's me, Y/N" I heard him get up and open the door, "hey, Y/N, did anyone come in?" 'Thank shit, he didn't hear' I nodded, "but they've all gone now, how was Judith?" He looked back at her, "good, she looked like she was going to cry so I fed her some of that banana" He smiled, and I smiled back. "Well, come on then, let's get you back to your dad, before he freaks out" he nodded and picked up Judith as I took the plate. Before we left, I put the plate in the kitchen and opened the door for the two.

When we got outside, I shut the door behind us and followed Carl as he carried his little sister over to Rick. People were gone by now, back into their houses. When we approached Rick, he turned and hugged Carl and Judith, "Where were you two?" He asked, Carl explained how I looked after them while 'the saviours' were here. Rick thanked me and told me how grateful he was. "It's no problem" I smiled.