Chapter 83 // And Now Carl Knows

Y/N's POV

Standing at the door, I whistled to myself. There was always one song that stuck to me when I was sad, it was the only song I listened to after I left. 'Sad Song by We The Kings (Feat. Elena Coates)' And although it was pretty stupid, listening to sad songs when I was the one who left, those lyrics felt like a stab to my chest and heavy weight on my lungs, water works to my eyes. I guess during that time, I taught myself how to handle those water works of mine a bit better, considering that I wasn't crying right now.

I didn't go in to listen to his bold and almighty speech, instead I waited by my door to our vehicle. As soon as some saviours started walking out of the hall, I stopped whistling and got in. I looked up at the sky, with one leg over the other as my arms rested on my laps. The sky was clear, no clouds, no birds, not even the sun was on this side of the sky. My eyes trailed down, and I smiled at Hecate as our eyes met while she walked to Sam and Scotts vehicle. She was better than our outpost leaders at leading the men- well, boys. I moved my eyes down, and moved my index finger and thumb along my ring.

As I heard his door open, I moved my head up and to the side, moving my hands away to stop me from fiddling with my ring again. "No show?" He said, as he started it up. "Ah..." I chuckled lightly, "Sorry" He turned to me, before he started to drive, "I'm not looking for an apology" I raised an eyebrow. "You haven't been there at all for a few times," He started, turning back to drive, "I don't mind you not listening to me, but are you okay?" Running a hand through my hair, as I smiled softly to myself, I turned to him as I held the back of my neck, "I'm fine"

I held my smile, the corners of my lips slowly turning downwards, shaking, as my throat tightened. I pressed my tongue against the roof of my mouth as I faced away, to look outside the window. "And you're sure?" He asked. I nodded, humming. A small part of my bottom lip got sucked into my mouth, and I bit it hard. I felt my chest and shoulders tighten, as my vision slowly blurred. I moved my jaw around, sometimes biting my lip, sometimes biting my tongue or cheeks. But, as much as I tried, I still felt water creeping out of my eyes. As an involuntary whimper escaped my lips, tears spilled over the sides of my eyes. Running down my cheeks in speed. Even though I had already lost, I still sniffed back any tears that I could. When I felt the heat from his hand hit my own, my lips trembled as I cried silently, letting out the occasional moan that suppressed the sound of hiccups.

Hecate's POV

Time Skip

"Hey," I smiled, wrapping my arms around him tightly. "I missed you," He told me, "One week is really not enough" His words brang a small smile to my lips, "I missed you too..."

"Who's that?" He said, in a more firm voice. I hummed, letting go and turning around. My stomach twisted as my body tensed. "That's Ralph," I managed to scoff out. He raised his eyebrow to me. "It's been a few weeks," I started to explain everything as quick as I could. After, he nodded and looked back to Ralph. "So... why is he here then?" He asked. I shrugged, sighing, "Ralph, can you fucking leave? Go and help out with Dylan and Phil... jees..." He nodded once to me, a small smirk on his face, "Yes ma'am" He then turned on his heel, and left.

"Hey- are you okay?" He asked, before I could turn back to him. I asked what he meant. "You look ill," He told me, putting a hand to my cheek. "Thanks..." I pulled a straight, unimpressed face, slowly laughing. "Sorry, but you do. Do you want to lie down or something?" He asked, his hand dropping back to his side. I shook my head, pointing my 'fab' finger guns' at him, "I'm all good" Squinting at me, he looked at my face seriously as my face uncomfortably and nervously dropped. I laughed awkwardly and he started shaking his head.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "What?" "What's wrong?" He asked, slightly upset. "N- Nothing," I stuttered, holding up my hands. He whispered my name, seriously, but sadly. My eyes shifted to the side, then back to him as under my eyes it felt heavy.

He held onto my shoulders, "You can tell me what's wrong Hecate" "It's just-..." I started to mutter, giving in to him.

Y/N's POV

Time Skip

"All good?" He asked. I smiled, nodding, "How was it back here, Dwight?" Shrugging slightly, "Same as always, really" I laughed, "I'll catch up with you later, I need to go to do something" He nodded and I left. I ran up to my own and Negan's room, shutting the door behind me. I walked over to some of the drawers, opposite the door, and started looking through them.

Not so long later, I heard the door open and close. "What's up?" I said, out loud. When there was no reply, I furrowed my brows and blinked a couple of times. I stood up, but just before I could turn around, his arms slithered around me as his shoulders came forward, surrounding me. I moved my hand up, hooking onto his forearms, "What are you doin-" My shoulders hugged my neck, as my head tilted towards him as he kissed that same side of my cheek.

"Negan?" I said, as he stopped, and I looked at him, resting my head back on him. "Yes?" He whispered through his teeth, as he grinned. "What are you-" He shushed me, "That's enough fucking words" He kissed down my face, and my jaw.

A/N: If you don't know that song I mentioned earlier I really say you check out the lyrics because it will make a lot of sense for why I mentioned it in the story and the importance of their relationship to you (as the reader) but no pressure.