Chapter 56 // Talks

"You know what?" I whispered. "What?" "You are so bad, all the time. You alw-" I mummbled the end of my word against his lips. Holding the sides of his face, I pushed him back up. "Always want to fuck," I finished. After holding his tongue between his teeth for a while, and looking me up, he said, "Can you blame me?" "Ye-" I cut myself off by laughing.

"Negan! No! It's too late!" I whispered, almost screaming. "Is it though?" His hand ran up my thy. "Yes!" I hit his hand away and turned around. Making a pouty noise, he wrapped his arms around me from behind. "It's not that late..." He muttered, hugging me.

Time Skip

"Oh right, I forgot to mention it yesterday, but while me and Sam were talking we heard some people talking about Sasha," I told him. "Really?" I hummed, "I think she's back at the Hilltop though, so we're planning on checking it out" he nodded, "Tell me how it goes-"

Knock knock. "One second," I walked over and opened the door to Simon. I furrowed one eyebrow for a second, then forced on a smile. "Hi Simon" He nodded to me, smiling, "Is Negan in with you?" I nodded, turning to Negan. Gesturing for him to come over. He walked over, "Simon? What do you want?" Negan asked, taking over. As they started to speak, I left and put away my clothes.

I heard the door shut, Negan walked up behind me. "Y/N?" I hummed, turning around, "Me and Simon have got some work outside the Sanctuary today, so I'll be gone" I nodded, "It's fine, you don't have to tell me" Before he left, Negan looked me up and down with a smirk and winked. Rolling my eyes, I smiled and he opened the door and went with Simon.

Soon, I left too. I went over to Hecate's room to check if she was awake yet or not. I knocked on the door, then opened it. "Awake?" She nodded, putting on her last shoe and asked, "Oh! Can we see Alana?" I raised my eyebrow with a grin, "Why don't you go by yourself?" She shook her head violently with widened eyes. Laughing, I said 'okay' and we headed down together.

On the way, we bumped into Jenni. It was weird, I had completely forgotten about her - in a not rude kind of way. "Y/N- hi! Is she...?" I nodded. "Aw hi" Hecate smiled uncomfortably, "Hi..." "I'm Jenni, and you're Hecate?" She nodded and Jenni asked how she was. "I'm, um, good... what about you?" Jenni agreed and got back to the kitchen. It was a weird, short, conversation but I shrugged it off.

We carried on walking down to Alana's room. "We're back!" I announced, walking in. I, immediately, stopped in my tracks. "What the fuck?" She said, "Why are you here?" I scoffed, "What, me? I could ask you the same thing, STI's?" "Um, guys, can you not fight here?" Alana asked. "I can't believe you talk to her," Amber got up and strutted off, out of the door. I rolled my eyes and apologised. "It's fine," 'Ana smiled.

"So, what brings you guys here?" She asked. Smirking, I looked over to Hecate, "Well-" "Just seeing how you are!" Hecate said quickly, eyes widened. Alana chuckled, "Well, okay, I'm good. How about you guys?" I nodded. "Feeling great..." Hecate muttered.

"Are you 16 yet?" She asked, hiding an obvious smile as she put away a few things. "The day after tomorrow, actually," Hecate grinned. She nodded slowly, "I see..." She peered over to Hecate for a second, then back to what she was doing. "Ahem!" I said aloud, "If you guys are done flirting, maybe I can join in on a different conversation? But, me too... I just realised, we have the same birthday" I laughed. "That's so cute! Mother-daughter birthday!" 'Ana squealed. "Wait, really?" She asked, and I nodded. "Whoa," Hecate laughed.

"Oh wait- there's a boy..." She started. I hummed, "A boy?" Hecate nodded, "I met him yesterday, his name... Carl? Yeah, Carl" "Oh right? Your secret lover?" "What?!" She screeched, covering her mouth straight after since she was pretty loud. I nodded, "I saw him talking to you yesterday, through the window, he likes you" She groaned, "You're joking... also thanks for spying on me" I chuckled.

"Well... do you like him?" Alana asked her. She shook her head, "I pretty much only know his name and sister-" "Judith... ah, how was she?" I asked, remembering her. She nodded, "Alright, but yeah... Carl, no thanks" She scoffed. Alana laughed awkwardly, "I see... not a relationship type of person?" Hecate shrugged, "I've only been in one before... not super long ago. She was cool - until she became a walker and I had to kill her" "Oh..." Me and Alana said. Hecate nodded, "I'm over it now though" "So you're into girls?" Alana asked. "Eh. I just go with it" She shrugged.

I zoned out of the conversation for a minute, wondering why Alana cared so much. Did she like Hecate? 'She's questioning her a lot, it reminded me of how I was before me and Negan became a thing, way back then," I thought, "Any chance I got, I would try and find out if the rumours of him being with some girl were true. It was easy since we were alright with eachother, but we weren't friends at that point-' I took myself out of thought, knowing I was getting off track.

"Mum?" Hecate stared at me. "What?" I asked. "You were murmuring random words to yourself - are you okay?" She asked. I nodded, apologising, "What did I say?" "You were saying it too quiet to hear," She told me. I gave a deep breath, and thought, 'thank fuck for that' "What were you thinking about?" 'Ana asked. "Um- nothing," I laughed awkwardly, "It's fine" She nodded slowly, "Okay then"

"Probably about Ne- dad," Hecate laughed. Brows furrowed, jaw tensed and cheeks warm in embarrassment, I stuttered through my teeth, "No..." Alana laughed, "Aw..." "Sure, sure, thing mum... we totally believe you" I knew what way she meant it, this cheeky child. My- Our cheeky child.