Chapter 38 // Over 14 Weeks

It been about a week, or so, since Alana found out. I'm happy to say that she's been super supportive and kept the, somewhat of a, secret safe.

I changed into a long sleeved, purple top with black shorts and some trainers. I heard a knock at the door, just as I finished, and I went to open it. "Oh, hi Sam," I smiled. "Hey- were about to go now, Negan's pretty much in the middle of his lecture right now so..." "Oh shit! Okay," A few seconds later, I was walking down the stairs with him. We managed to get to the hall just as he told everyone to get in their vehicles, so we turned around and headed towards them.

After we went to our separate vehicles, I sat down in mine and waited for Negan. It took a bit longer than usual, but nothing huge. He got in and smiled, while turning it on. He asked how I was feeling. I shrugged and nodded at the same time, "Eh... alright, I guess?" He nodded back, "What about you? Are you okay?" I asked. "As long as you're fine," he drove out and started the journey to the Hilltop.

Quite a while later, we reached the Hilltop and started to go about our weekly routine here. I couldn't find Jesus anywhere at first, so I started to actually work. But soon after, he bend down and picked up the basket that I was going to. "It might be early, but better safe than sorry," He said, smiling, and gesturing towards my stomach. I smiled back and stood upright with him, "Thanks Jesus" He shook his head, "But how've you been doing with the small one?" I looked down at my stomach, then back up to him. "Pretty alright, actually, I'm being sick and things... but alright," I nodded.

Time Skip - 2 Weeks Later

I had my forearms around my stomach, as if I was holding it, and my head on his chest. His arms were around me and his hands linked behind my back. "It's fine," Negan whispered to me as he put his head back against the tree. I felt a cool breeze to my back and I sighed. "Everything seems so much more dangerous now- how am I-?" He cut me off. "You don't have to do anything, it'll all be fine," He kissed the top of my head and hugged me tighter.

"Ahh, look at me now, you've got me going soft," He chuckled deeply. I smiled and brang my head back to look at him. "Maybe that's alright"

Time Skip - 1 Week

"It's been... 8 weeks now," I told Alana. She nodded, "You may gain a little weight, but you may not even notice and you'll sleep a lot less but need to use the toilet a lot more- oh- and you can be a bit more nauseous... you may feel heartburn too," she nodded again and smiled. I sighed and slumped my shoulders, "Oh my god, this is so hard" Alana laughed, "I know- but in," she thought for a second, "about 7 months, you'll have a beautiful baby" I smiled and hung my head low, "Ahh- wait- oh my god, 8 weeks... 2 months! It's gone so quickly!"

Time Skip - 2 Weeks

I slowly swung my legs over the bed, and got up. I groaned and walked towards the door. I was so tired, but so hungry. I really wanted soup, and I felt lucky, since it was usually what was around.

I dragged myself to the staircase and carefully made my down, then over to the kitchen. I pushed the door, only enough for me to slip through and I walked inside. I gradually walked over to one side and started looking through all the cupboards.

When I did find some, in the storage unit, I took a tin and started to heat it up with the cooker. I stood waiting, with my eyes half closed, when the door creeked open. I blinked a few times, and turned my entire body towards the door. "What are you doing?" "Soup" I yawned. Negan laughed and walked further in, closer to me. "Okay... so why are you heating it like that?" I looked back and realised I put the tin on the cooker, "wait- it's not even on!" I sighed.

He smiled, "Don't worry, I'll do it for you" I blew my cheeks up and nodded, then leant against the counter top.

Time Skip - 1 Week

"Thanks 'Ana," I smiled softly at her, and we hugged and I left to go to the hall. I got there just in time, and waved at Sam from the other side. He waved back, and when we were dismissed from the hall, I stood back to wait for him.

"Hey! How are you doing?" He asked cheerfully, as we started to walk to our vehicles. I laughed, "Alright, but why are you so upbeat all of a sudden?" "Can't I be?" He raised an eyebrow, while badly hiding his smile. "Not this much," we laughed. "Actually, there's a really cute dude that's joined us recently- his name's Scott," He smiled his face off. "Ohhh... so... you have a thing for him?" I smirked, and he looked away. "Who are you?" I snickered and we parted to go to our vehicles.

When I got in, Negan did a couple minutes later. "Hey-" he started the vehicle up. "Hi," I smiled, but suddenly stopped and held my chest. It felt like there was a fire. I made an S sound and rubbed my chest. Negan looked at me, from the road, in worry, "What's wrong?" "I think it's just heartburn"

Time Skip - 1 Week

I looked into the mirror attached to my wardrobe door. I furrowed my brows and concentrated on my stomach. I turned to the side and had a look. I had a bit of a baby bump. As much as it made it harder to hide, it caused bubbles of joy to spark inside of me.

Knock knock. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's just me," I raised my eyebrows and opened the door. "Hey- look at this!" I shut the door behind him and turned to the side. "Negan, look! I have a more visible baby bump" I smiled widely at him, and he did back. "Food baby or our baby?" I pouted and furrowed my brows. He wrapped his arms around me and laughed, "I'm just joking, I love you- and the baby" We smiled.

Time Skip - 2 Weeks

"Yeah, week 14 is the most fatal week for the baby's development," 'Ana told me. I nodded, "I see, okay-" "But, as you've probably noticed, you'll have more energy and you nausea is most likey gone," I nodded. "But do get your exercise now too, if you want to hide the bump - which is really cute by the way - wear oversized clothes," she then mouthed, "maybe Negan's," and winked. My eyes widened and I looked away, smiling a bit, "Okay"

When I got back to my room, I had a look in my wardrobe to see if I had any oversized clothes. Fortunately, I did. I had a few huge jumpers and two pairs of big jeans.