Chapter 96 // Rick's Issues

I took Negan out of the room for a moment, letting Carl talk to his dad with Hecate by his side.

"Maybe you should just watch this time, I mean, It's Carl's dad." I told him and he nodded. "Only for you and the two in there, I am not fucking doing this for Rick," He said, eyebrows slightly raised. You mouthed a thanks to him and walked back inside.

Hecate turned to me, hoping to be filled in on what was happening and I nodded to her, "Later." "Look after Judith, Carl. She'll need a good role model..." Rick said, as if he were on drugs. "Dad, you're not dying," Carl tried to convince him. Rick rubbed his eyes, cupping one of Carl's cheeks, and whispered loud enough for all of us to hear, "It's okay..." 

Time Skip

Negan and Hecate left, since they only understood that Rick was freaking out; leaving me and Carl in the room with him. "Carl, shouldn't we let him sleep? Maybe it's what he needs." I suggested. He shook his head, turning back for a moment, looking at the ground, "He won't."

Taking over, I let Carl sit down. "Rick?" I called out. He looked up to me and squinted, trying to lift up his head from the pillow. "It was you. It was all you," He pointed weakly. "It's your fault she's dead!" He yelled. Although anger rose inside me, I shook off the urge to hit him. "Michonne is dead, Rick. She's been dead for a long while now. You're fine, look, she wouldn't want to see you like this would she?" Helping the enemy wasn't exactly the best plan ever, but an extremely small part of you still secretly missed the close bond you and Rick had before.