Chapter 75 // Later

I stood near by, next to Hecate, watching Negan talk to the people of the Sanctuary. Telling them what this man did. Sure, it was uncomfortable to know that someone was staring at me like that, who wasn't Negan, but I did have an underlying feeling that maybe destroying their skull for it was a bit much. But who was I to complain? That's just the type of man I fell in love with years ago.

There were small gasps as he took the first swing, and a scoffed chuckle escaped my lips, as they acted as if they hadn't all seen it before. The man fell face first, from kneeling to lying on the ground. I looked down my nose to him, not really bothering to move my head completely - which was a bit lazy. And although someone was dying, and it was probably at the wrong time, it did turn me on a little seeing Negan destroy him, swinging his bat to his head over and over again...

As my cheek started to hurt, from me biting hard on the inside, his skull and brains were a messy mush on the floor. I remember what baby food looks like, but this looked worse. Shrugging it off, Negan said his last few words then told everyone to get back to work. "And men, let's get going," He snarled at them.

I watched everyone leave, with Hecate, as two workers came to clean up the mess, and the two saviours Negan kept behind took the body. "You don't look satisfied," I told him, as he walked over to us. "He deserved to die way more fucking times than that, unfortunate that I couldn't use both methods on him," He said, keeping his serious face on.

"Chill out?" Hecate started, "I mean... you sounded more as if you wanted to pray to mum's ass so... uh..." She cracked a smile. As she said that, Negan's face lit up the smallest bit in amusement. "Why? Who's saying I don't?" He grinned, leaning backwards slightly. "Pft!" Hecate reacted. But all I felt was weird, well, having an image of Negan praying to your ass wasn't so bad... but infront of Hecate?! "Negan!" My jaw was left open slightly, even though the corners of my lips curled up the smallest bit.

Soon, after a bit of a chuckle, we headed for our own vehicle so we could get going to Alexandria. "So," I started, "We're going to see Carl" Hecate choked on nothing, stuttering, "S-so?" I turned my head over to her, her eyes were locked on the road ahead as her face was flushed. "You all good?" I smiled, turning back to look at the very familiar surroundings. "Yeah..." She sighed. "Well, he had enough balls to kiss you back, maybe he'll have even bigger ones today," Negan said, Hecate asking what he exactly meant by that. "Maybe, Mr. Big balls Carl, will ask you the fuck out already," He explained, a huge grin growing onto his face. "'Already'?" She repeated, "D-dad, it's been like a week!" Her face flushed madly.

Time Skip

After we had finally reached Alexandria, and had walked through their gates, we started to get everything going like usual.

"Have fun," I winked to Hecate as she started to leave, towards where Carl stood. Pouting a smile, she thanked me sarcastically and left.

Hecate's POV

After seeing off mum, I looked forward to where I had last seen Carl. Last seen, he was gone. Furrowing my brows uneasily, I carried on walking down to where I saw him - looking around to see if he had walked away. I crossed my arms, hiding my hands, as I started to feel guilty. 'What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore?' I asked myself.

I took a big gulp, as I stopped since I had reached the spot where he was standing. Turning my head all around, I tried to find him. My back was to a couple of houses, as I looked around the small crowds of people passing by.

Then, I heard a whisper calling my name. My arms relaxed - loosely crossed. I turned around suddendly, looking in the gap between the two houses. But, just as I was going to say his name, he put his finger to his lips and shushed me. While he was crouched to the ground, he waved his had to gesture for me to come over. I moved my eyes to the side, to see if anyone was looking, then walked towards him - letting my arms drop to my sides.

"Carl?" I whispered, "What are you doing?" I asked as he stood upright, taking me to the back corner. "Something happened, about a day after... um- last week," He started, his cheeks flushed slightly - which caused a small smile to soften my face for a second. "What was it?" I asked, refocusing on what he needed to tell me.

"It's about my dad," He started. He soon explained the basics of the start, and how he'd got to that point. "But when I sat down, he looked at me disappointingly. Worse than he ever had before to me. He knows-" "Knows?" I repeated, as heat rose to my cheeks, half out of guilt and embarrassment and half out of recalling every detail of what happened. Carl nodded.

"He told me how he saw it, but it took him so long to believe it, that he wasn't talking to me about it until then..." He explained. "What did he say he saw?" I asked, slightly worried for him. "He said he saw what he thought was you... um... you first, but thought it was just him. He saw when I stopped you from running away- then, all the way through to when you left after hearing people starting to move around to get back to your place" He answered.

It took a while to take it all in, I've made bad moves before, but this? I could have just ruined Carl's entire life. "Are you okay?" Was the only thing I could ask. He gave me a confused looked. "Are you okay?" I asked again. He shrugged slightly, "I guess..? He's not exactly speaking a load to me right now so..." He told me. My shoulders slumped, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done anything-"