Chapter 67 // Rick The Prick

We stood behind him, looking down at the saviours. My arms were crossed as I leant against the wall. Hecate squatted down, her arms resting on the bottom line of handrailings. He held his bat over his shoulder as the other hand held onto the top line of handrailing.

It was a different view up here, not only did you look more powerful, you felt it. It made you a bit more cocky and smug. I could see why standing up here was so satisfying for Negan. Everyone was at your control.

They were then told to leave, and we watched them as they did. "I told you, it's good up here," Negan told us when everyone was gone. He had turned to us and leant back against the handrailings, propping his elbow on it as his hand flopped down. I nodded, "You do have a point" "'have a point'?" Hecate repeated, "This is fucking awesome!" She jumped up to her feet, standing with them a bit apart. Her hands were fists, in the air, at her shoulder height, as she held a huge grin on her face - teeth showing.

"My little girl gets it," Negan smirked, happily, holding his tongue between his teeth. "Your 'little girl'? As far as I'm aware she's both of ours," I raised an eyebrow, walking over to her and holding her shoulders. Her arms dropped by her sides as she laughed lightly at our conversation. He titled his head, shrugging, "Father's girl" My jaw dropped, obviously still smiling, "I see, I see"

A while of playfully, verbally, fighting about who's 'little girl' Hecate was, we left for our own vehicle to head for Alexandria - before we were late.

Time Skip

I walked into Alexandria as I fuelled my lungs with the cool air, that surrounded this place. A small smile slowly grew onto my face as I looked around. They looked broken, but who was I to care? They were just barely the dirt that I treaded on. Either winter was close, or they changed their colours to dull greys.

The saviours marched on, going about their weekly duties here. I watched Hecate as she leant against a wall, by a couple of house steps. A certain house. I grinned, huffing, for a second, before my attention was taken elsewhere.

"Y/N," His stern, and slightly amusing, voice announced as he walked over to me. "Rick... Hi," I smirked at him, my arms loosely folded as I cocked my hip. "I'm not here for fun," He growled, "I want to check on Sasha" I scoffed a laugh, "Too bad that she's with us" "I meant-" He put his hand out, flat, in the air. I rolled my eyes, "I know what you meant Rick, jees..."

There was a small pause, before he spoke again, "Well? How is Sasha?" "Well she's not dead," I shrugged. I watched his face as his jaw clenched. "You, seriously, cannot expect me to be nice with you, Rick." I laughed. "Maybe not, but I expect at least a little bit of respect-" I, almost screeching, scoffed another laugh.

"Respect?" I laughed hysterically for a while. His whole body tensed up with bottled rage, as I laughed at him. After calming down a bit, "Respect? What have you done to receive any respect? And you expect me to respect you? Rick... Rick, you have changed. You're so much funnier!" "Well I was the one who treated you like a daughter. The only father figure you had. It was almost as if I raised you during the time that walkers invaded!" He snapped.

I stopped laughing, stopped smiling, and stared him hard in the face. "No father figure would do what you did towards the end, Rick. None. Sometimes, I feel sorry for Carl. More so, Judith. She'll have to be raised by you. You're not even her dad" His face showed shock as I refreshed his mind about Judith. She wasn't his daughter, he wasn't her father. Shane was. Everyone knew it. "Talking about my children, keep your filthy daughter away from Carl," He growled through his teeth, squinting at me.

"No. Because I won't stop my daughter from talking to people. If they end up together, I hope you realise what a prick you are," I told him. "'Father figure', huh?" I scoffed, looking him up and down - displeased. "And get this into your thick skull: she's not filthy. She's Hecate. She's bold, strong, and will be a better leader than you ever were and will be. And that's saying a lot, since she's only 16."

I saw his hate filled puffs of air leave his lips, between his teeth, as he breathed. No reply. No conversation. No care. Just hard glares.

"Y/N, ma'am!" I heard soon after. Breaking our staring contest, I turned to the saviour that had just called my name and was running over to me. "What do you want?" I asked, bluntly, often side glaring back to Rick. "We have, somewhat, of an issue," He panted. I nodded. Looking back to Rick, I spat: "I've got better things to do than look at your shitty face anyway"

I left with the saviour, and he took me over to one of the houses. "What's the problem?" I asked. "Guns - we found some," He told me as he opened the door for me. "Damn..." I muttered to myself, nodding lightly at the find as I walked inside the house.

Walking over to the back, to where he told me, I moved my head, to see if I could get an early glance at the guns. I got into one of the smaller rooms, and there was another saviour standing by three guns. One pistol, and two automatics. They were unloaded, and a small amount of bullets layed by them - in a bag.

I picked them up, checking them out. "You guys got a good find," I admitted. They thanked me for it. I picked up the pistol by the trigger housing and told the saviours to bring the two automatics, as I held the bullets with my free hand.

We walked outside, and over to Negan. "Thought you'd like to know what these two found," I told him, lifting up the pistol with my index finger and the bullets with my other hand. As I did, the two men behind me, lifted up the two automatics. "Well, well, well..." Negan turned to Rick, who was conveniently there at the time. Just watching.

"Thought you could hide these?" He asked. "I don't know what you're talking about, I've never seen them before," Rick tried to tell him.

Hecate's POV

Chuckling, I looked down to Judith, who was in my arms, "Really?" Carl nodded, smiling, "It went all over me, it was horrible" A while after his story about Judith vomiting all over him came to an end, we sat in a comfortable silence.

"So, your dad huh?" I started, "Rick? He's some guy" "I guess..." He muttered. Raising an eyebrow, I turned to him, "What's up?" He hummed, tilting his head. "You sound unsure, a bit sad actually," I told him. Shaking his head, he assured me he was alright. I nodded, still unconvinced by his answer. But, I let it be. I wasn't going to force him to tell me anything.

Carl's POV

Another silence came over us, giving me time to go over what dad said some time ago. About not becoming Y/N.

Hecate's POV

I got sneaky peeks at his face, from the corner of my eyes as I held the sleeping Judith. Over the time, I had got to know Carl a bit better. His mum, and what he had to do. His missing eye, all sorts.

But if there was anything I could say after all this, he was pretty cute. And pretty strong too, considering all that he's been through - and the fact that he's been shot, twice!

Y/N's POV

We watched as Hecate walked over to the vehicle, getting ready to leave this shithole.