CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle

Start from the beginning

I snarled angriely, baring my teeth and nashing at everything and everyone I could.

Before I could completely register just what he was sorry about I felt the pinch of a syringe biting deep into my skin.

My eyes grew wide and weakened.

"Wha..." but I couldn't finish my sentence or a single word. I was just too weak to move or do anything else. Nathan had already pushed the plunger on the syringe before I could say or do anything else; rapidly sending the entire contents withing the syringe flowing through the needle and into my body.

My vision grew clouded but this time it wasn't caused by my anger.

He let me go and I stood up shakily before falling once again.

This time Nathan caught me in his arms, his eyes showed me all his worry and the smallest trace of guilt.

"I'm sorry but you're going to be ok."

"I hate you."

My voice was barely audible.

Barely more than a whisper but he heard me and flinched.

Good.

Then the darkness took me and everything was silent...

Nathan's POV

Lilly grew limp in my arms as the anesthesia did its work and I pulled out the syringe. "Is she ok? That was enough anesthesia to knock out over half a dozen wolfs." The doctor asks and I nodded, "She'll be fine. Severely pissed off but otherwise unharmed." I explained standing up and cradling her body next to my own body.

Her fire was still flickering rapidly but it was much lower than before until finally they slowed down before stopping completely.

"With her metabolism and fire the anesthesia won't last more than a couple of, I know. Trust me." I added and turned to look at Alpha Maddox, "I will pay for all the damage just send me the bill..." I was unable to finish my sentence after all what else could I say? "Ummm, I should take her home. Alpha, could you drive us home?" I asked him as they both stared at me, at Lilly, "Doctor, if you could please not mention this to anyone. Lilly isn't prepared to deal with all the questions."

I started walking outside with Lilly in my arms, "This will stay between us. Nothing happened..." I hear Alpha Maddox say as the doors close behind me and then follows me. The drive home was eerily quiet and I began to grow tense at the prospect of Lilly waking up and quite literally biting of my head. She groaned but didn't wake, "Are you sure she's going to be alright? She hasn't opened her eyes or anything." The Alpha asked me.

"Of course she will be. I can't say the same thing about me though." I ended my sentence in a low whisper. Soon our home came into view and for a second I saw a shimmer all around it and cursed. "Lockdown, dam it!" I murmured to myself and the Alpha glanced at me, "What?" I ignored him and looked down at Lilly as she began to stir.

"Daniel....No...No..."

Slowly so slowly that it could've all just been in my mind; She opened her eyes and stared at me. Hatred evidently in her eyes.

"You...will...pay...for this..."

Her eyes closed again and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. The moment we arrived I opened the door, took her in my arms and sat down with her on the sidewalk waiting for the explosion that was sure to come once she regained consciousness.

Lilly's POV

I could feel him cradling me against his body while whispering in my ears, "God, Lilly you would've done the same thing....I know you would've and besides if I had let you burn down the hospital you wouldn't have forgiven yourself or me for that matter." I rolled my eyes. Sure, he was right. I would've done the same thing or worse and I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had let myself burn down a hospital.