Visit

Amaris's POV

Nix had texted me as soon as Adam was out of the woods and was up for visitors, so I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could.

"Nix," I quickly walked to where she is, "How is he?"

She sighed but smiled briefly. "He's not going great, but he's doing better..."

I sighed with relief, "That's good to know. I was so worried when I first heard!"

"Me too... I'm leaving now, they had to send me home. I haven't gotten sleep, food..."

I gasped, "I can be alone with Adam?!"

She chuckles, "Yes, Am, just be careful with him. Try not to freak out too much...and remember that he's still recovering."

I nodded as I pat Pongo's head. Every time I saw Adam, he was always kissing Nix; we had never really spoken before... now was my chance to actually to speak to him.

We hugged each other before she walked away. I stood in front of his door nervously. Should I even be doing this?...

I reluctantly put my hand on the doorknob and walk in. Adam looked at me and grinned weakly. Dream come true, he was grinning at me.

"Hey, Ad."

"Hey, Ammy..."

Ammy was his personal nickname for me besides Jade, due to my green eyes, one of the rarest eye colors in the world...

I sat down in the chair next to his bed and he tried to turn his head to look at me, but winced in pain,.

"Don't, Adam."

"But I want to!"

I sighed, "Adam..."

He grinned innocently while I chuckled. We were talking for once...

"How are you?"

I smiled, "Good. Better than when I was 18!"

"Well, I did scare 'em off."

"Yeah, you did..."

He gives me a look, "What's wrong?..."

I exhale before answering, "I just hate seeing you like this... you're always this obnoxious, caring dude! I miss that Adam... although I do like this Adam too."

"I may not be the same Adam anymore, but I could try to become that Adam again. I know it's been almost two years since we've seen each other, but we can still have fun, right?..."

"Yeah..." I smile briefly. "You start physical therapy this week, right?"

"Yeah. I'm not too happy about it, but if it helps me, I'll do it. But I wanna hear more about you."

I roll my eyes sarcastically and a small grin appears on my face, "Well, I still work here in LA, still single, got my masters degree and bought my first house!"

"You've accomplished so much, like Nix... and you're only what? 21?"

I nod as I play with my hair. I can't believe this is the same guy who looked at me in a coffee shop with my split leather pants and his face on my shirt talking to me now...

"But single still? Why?"

I blushed, "I mean, Tommy is pretty cute and hot, but I'm sure he has a girlfriend or something..."

Adam tries shrugging but winces in pain. I give him a look and he grins innocently again.

A few minutes later, he grew exhausted, hinting for me that he needs to go to sleep.

"Before you go to sleep," I start taking my bracelet off.

He lifts a tired eyebrow at me. I get the bracelet off and put it on his wrist. He smiles tiredly.

I smile back at him before he falls asleep again. I quickly text Nix before falling asleep myself...

(Thanks to LexiTheGlambert for writing this chapter and using her character Amaris! It's great to have Am back!

~CG)