Going to War

~Book Two~

To Lucasta, Going To the Warres

~Richard Lovelace~

Tell me not (Sweet) I am unkind,
        That from the nunnery
Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
        To war and arms I fly.

True, a new mistress now I chase,
        The first foe in the field;
And with a stronger faith embrace
        A sword, a horse, a shield.

Yet this inconstancy is such
        As you too shall adore;
I could not love thee (Dear) so much,
        Lov’d I not Honour more.

NIX

One month later

Ryan’s lips were fevered against mine, his hands gripped my hair and he pushed me back until I collapsed on the bed.

“Mmm, you’re so beautiful,” he whispered, brushing a kiss to my neck.

“You’re blind. Been looking into the camera flashes, much?” I contested, slipping my hands under his shirt and taking it off over his head.

“Anyone can see how gorgeous you are, baby girl. I’m so lucky you’re all mine.” His tongue met mine and he growled, grinding his hips into mine.

 Rain beat against the windows outside, almost drowning out the city noise, leaving rumbles of thunder and our accelerating hearts to do the talking.

I let my eyes fall onto the solid black wolf tattoo on Ryan’s left shoulder and touched it, a smile gracing my mouth.

“What?”

“Nothing...your tattoo. I like it.”

“You’ve told me before.”

“Because it’s true. I like it how makes sense.”

Ryan rolled his eyes. “Yeah, when I was 18 and a loner in high-school. It makes no sense now. I’m social as fuck.”

“So find a new meaning for it.” I said, kissing his jaw.

“Mmm? What about...finding my inner animal?”

“That’s a good place to start.” I breathed, tilting my head to the side to allow Ryan’s lips to meet my skin once more.“Growl, baby. Be a wolf for me.”

Ryan snickered and did just that, and the sound made chills travel down my spine. The choice was so easy- almost too easy- to invite him to stay the night when we both knew the last thing we would be doing was sleeping.

I sighed and shut my eyes, Ryan’s whispers and groans clouding my senses.

“Babe? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we have to be into work in a couple hours.”

Warm lips touched my back and Ryan’s fingers trailed along my sides.

“Hmm...that’s plenty of time to sleep.”

“I wish it was, but I have to go all the way across the city and get my stuff, and you have hair and makeup.”

I groaned but couldn’t move. Ryan touched my collarbone. “And hopefully you won’t be modelling anything too low-cut…”