My Path to You (preview)

It was raining when the plane made its bumpy landing in Belfast and I was among the first to exit, make my way through the airport and hail a cab to take me to the train station, and from there get to Cork.

I fell in love with the city almost instantly and could see why Adam had chosen this country to stay in. But once I got to Cork and settled into my small Bed and Breakfast, it hit me hard that I had no idea where to start. Wow. Panic could so easily overtake me right now.

I changed into jeans and a long-sleeved shirt and headed downstairs to little front desk to ask for a good place to eat and saw the employees had changed shifts. A new girl with black hair and blue eyes was now stationed behind the gleaming wooden desk, her name tag reading "Jasper." Huh. Unconventional name for a girl.

"Hi," I said. She glanced up from a leather-bound book and did a double take, jaw dropping.

"H-hi. Can I help you?"

"What's a good place to eat around here?"

She tore her eyes away and opened a draw, rifling through it and procuring a stack of little brochures.

"Yeah, uh, here are some of the best, and my personal favorites."

I thanked her and thumbed through the glossy menus until she cleared her throat.

"Um, is your name by chance Phoenix?"

"Yeah, it is." I raised an eyebrow, a bit nervous. Jasper glanced into the little office room behind her, found it empty and then spoke to me again, voice low.

"You're looking for him, aren't you?"

"Wh-what?"

"Adam. You're looking for him here because you haven't been able to contact him either, am I right?"

My heart skipped and my mouth went dry. "How do you know this? How do you know him?"

"Long story. We hung out sometimes while he was here, but then he just left without an explanation."

I leaned against the counter, body alive with excitement. "How was he? Was he okay?"

Jasper's face fell ashen. "Why don't we meet somewhere later and talk? My shift is over at 7."

"Okay." I nodded, shocked.

Could this bring me one step closer to him?          

(Hey guys! Sorry this is horribly short, but I wanted to get something up because it's been so long!! More will be coming when I have more time and drive :) 

 PhoenixGlambert1234 owns Jasper and I was excited to bring her back and give her a little cameo!! Much thanks <3)