New Boy

"Say my name and his in the same breath

I dare you to say they taste the same."

I Don't Care, Fall Out Boy

I definitely hadn't been planning on this, but it happened anyways. Oliver, a brown haired tech for the nightclub acts, was sleeping beside me, one arm curled under his head. I brought my knees to my chest and gazed at him, the sheet down around his slim waist. His dark hair obscured his face from sight and I longed to reach out and brush it back but didn't want to overstep my boundaries. He'd been crushing on me for a while and last night admitted it after my set ended, with a few drinks in him. He never mentioned my past career, only focusing on the current, which made me appreciate him even more. He was a recent graduate from the university with his degree in theatre mechanics and light engineering, at age 25.

In other words, too fucking smart to be with me.

I couldn't lie though; he was hot. Quiet, even a little shy, but the moment he connected with someone he came alive and soaked up information like a sponge.

I enjoyed his company. It had been so long since I hadn't been alone and while I wasn't sure if I wanted a relationship just now, there was nothing saying I couldn't have fun for a while.

My feet touched the cold floor and I grabbed my shirt and pants, slipping into them and making my way down the stairs to the kitchen; the least I could do was make him some food, I guess.

Twenty minutes and ten pieces of French toast later, Oliver came traipsing down into the kitchen, looking tired and hungover, hair ruffled and lips red.

"Hi," I said, glancing up from my task of piling up toast on a plate.

"G'morning." He yawned. Damn, that accent was even more sexy when it was all husky and tired sounding.

"Hungry?" I asked.

Oliver dropped heavily into the dining table chair and nodded, head in his hands.

"I'll get you some aspirin?"

"Cheers."

I set a full plate in front of him, hunted up a bottle of aspirin and set it in front of Oliver, then started on my own breakfast at the counter. Oliver didn't mention me not sitting with him, and just started scrolling on his phone instead.

Well, that took care of the idle chitchat.

"You working tonight?" I asked after a time.

"No, I'm off for once. Draggie will be there, though."

"What the fuck is that short for?"

Oliver contemplated the question for a moment before shrugging. "I don't recall, actually. This is ace, by the way," He indicated the food. Ace, means great. God, this slang was still tripping me up.

"Thanks."

"Do you wanna hit the beach?"

I thought for a moment before agreeing. "But let's talk first."

Oliver placed his fork down with care and crossed his arms on the table. "Alright."

I ran a hand through my hair and over my face. "Oliver, listen, I'm not looking for a relationship and I won't be any time soon. That's not why I'm here. And y'know, I'm not gonna lie; I'm running from things, from people, from my past, from myself."

Oliver sighed, his dark green eyes drifting to his plate. "I figured. This doesn't have to be anything, Adam. It can be just this once or it can be only this," he motioned between us. "Whatever."

I bit my tongue. "Okay."

A few moments of silence and Oliver cleared his throat. "We should probably head out if we wanna avoid the traffic to the beach."

"Do you want to go get your board first?"

"Sure."

I dashed upstairs to change, then we walked to Oliver's house for him to grab his surfboard and strapped it to his car.

(Um. Hey. ;P

Sorry it's short but it's been a while since we heard from Adam and now we know why ;)

Also, you Tix shippers are killing me xP

Sorry I haven't been updating much guys, I recently got a job and it's very tiring, and I may be hired for a second, which is AWESOME, but it will be taking up more time :/ I don't get any days off and Remmi needs my attention the most when I do get home. BTW, his birthday is coming up on the 22nd, GAH! (He's my real life version of Pongo, okay??)

I will be writing more today but I'm not sure if I'll be updating, but I'll try!

Love you all!

~CG)