The Rule

My few moments free from schoolwork were filled with apartment and job hunting back East. There was no way I was moving in with my parents, but there was no way in hell I was staying in California. I would miss my friends and my sister, but there was nothing that would stop me from leaving.

I was curled up on the couch, scrolling through the listings on my laptop. I suppose it would probably be smartest to get an actual job first before making any concrete choices...

There were some openings in companies that my professor had given me after I asked, so I hunted them up. She had encouraged me to look into places like Vivian Westwood, which catered to the sort of punk rock fashion that I was wanting to get into. I wanted creative freedom to come up with designs that would definitely sell in that market. I had always admired Westood's line; hailing from the 1970's-'80's London punk era, she was as vintage and grunge as it came, even in her old age now.

I decided to print out the application form and spent the rest of the night filling it in, taking extra time to read over every detail. Their main base of operation was, of course, in England, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to move there. Their second location was luckily in New York, though it was smaller and worked more on the business side of things, as well as setting up fashion reveals and shows. Eh, that wasn't too bad. Better than nothing.

I copied the forms and emailed them to the correct address, then turned back to my work. I had two hours before my date with Reese, and if I hurried that would give me enough time to finish up my final project thesis and then get ready.

Once done, I rushed to take a shower and went through my closet for a good party outfit.

"What do you think, Pong?" I mused, turning to the puppy stretched out on my bed. God, he had grown so much already!

"Too short?" I held up up a black dress that had a fitted sweetheart neckline and bodice that was red underneath with black tulle over it. The skirt brushed just above my knees and twirled with every move. "I like it. With my leather jacket and some kind of shoe that doesn't have heels."

That proved to be a bit of a challenge. Not that I didn't have enough boots (that was a majority of my footwear), but finding something that was comfy and went with the dress. I decided on a pair of ultra low ankle classy boots; practical and comfy.

I tossed my hair up into a bouncy twisted bun and pulled free a few trendils to hang around my face. I got to go a little heavier with my makeup since it was a party night, but I was still slow to get the perfect smoky eye. It was a look I never would have been able to do right if I hadn't been taught by-

"All done!" I said, hastily removing myself from the memory. I swiped on the smallest amount of red lipstick just as there was a knock on the door.

"Coming!"

Reese was on the doorstep, wearing black jeans and one of those super soft, v-neck shirts that guys are always wearing nowadays. I gave him the once over right down to his shoes, quickly noting they were brand new boots that he had obviously picked up just for this occasion to make himself look a little less hipster.

"Hey, Reese!" I said with a smile, inviting him in.

He returned my greeting and let his eyes skim over me when he thought I wasn't watching. I won't lie; I kind of liked it.

"You look great, Nix."

"Thank you."

I snagged my jacket from the closet and was surprised when Reese helped me into it.

"Are you excited?" Reese asked as we walked down to his car.

"Yeah! I've been waiting for this place to open for a while."

He opened my door and I slid in. We talked easily on the drive to The Rule and Reese groaned a little at the sight of the line going out the door.

"Damn. Sorry, we might have to wait."

I bit my lip and drummed my fingers on my purse. "Um, actually I think I have a way to get us in quicker."

"What?"

I grinned and as soon as we were on the street, I took his hand and we jogged across the road over to the club.

"Just follow my lead." I whispered to Reese.

I took out the pass in my wallet that I had received from...him, quite some time ago. It granted me and a guess access to any club in the city without waiting, NQA.

I showed the bouncer and he raised his eyebrow at me, looking at my picture ID. "Alright, go ahead."

"Thanks!"

I dragged Reese inside, where the lights were flashing and music hit me like a bowling ball.

"Whoa. This is legit!" I called over the noise. Reese grinned and we hit the dance floor at once. This was my chance to let everything go and forget the past few months. I needed to focus on Reese and having fun with him tonight.

(Sorry this is short, guys, but I hope you liked it (and enjoyed the pic of Reese ;)!) I will update again as soon as I can! 

Also, I wanted to let you guys know about my SECOND profile! I'll be posting totally different stories on that page that either won't be as much geared towards fanfic but more like original stories. The story I currently have published on there is a MATURE CONTENT story! It isn't so bad at the beginning but it does get more mature as it goes on, as well as being very triggering.

Don't judge lol

So honestly, it's really an 18+ story, so don't say I didn't warn you haha.

Here is the link, and hopefully it works!

https://www.wattpad.com/user/Recklesslife515

Until then, allony-s!

~CG)