Leaving You

"I will not kiss you

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you..."

'Cancer' - My Chemical Romance

FLASHBACK

Nix

My hand hesitated on the doorknob, all I could think about was what I would do if Adam hadn't left like I'd told him to. Knowing him, he would probably try to talk to me again, although...he seemed like he was going to listen to me.

I turned the handle and found it unlocked.

The decorations we hadn't taken down were sickly cheerful as I stepped inside, until I rounded the corner into the living-room, where a small massacre met my eyes. The Christmas tree had been knocked over, glass ornaments sprawled all over, some crushed into red and gold dust, the tinsel looking as if it had been burned. My jaw dropped when I caught sight of the garlands that had been hanging on the staircase; they had been ripped down and were in a pile on the floor. I turned to see the kitchen; four bottles of various alcohol, some half empty, were on the breakfast bar or in the sink.

Fuck. Adam had had a total meltdown. I swallowed hard and carefully picked my way through the carnage to the stairs to our-his-room, where most of my stuff was.

The room smelled like him, and I'd never noticed just how much. His cologne, body wash, his natural scent that even now made my heart flutter.

This room too, however, was a mess. The blankets were on the ground, the lamp on the floor, light-bulb shattered.

I pushed past this and went to the walk-in closet where my suitcases were. I grabbed them, threw them open, and hastily began to stuff it with my clothes, knowing though they wouldn't all fit in. This may require multiple trips.

I zipped up the two cases and hauled them downstairs and to the SUV, where Pongo was sleeping in the front seat, then returned inside.

It took three trips, not including Pongo's things, before I had all my clothes and toiletries packed up. I was grabbing my last pair of shoes from the closet when I saw the crown. Up in a locked glass case, even now glittering and sparkling in the yellow light. I remembered the time I'd tried it on.

With an angry sniff as the tears began to roll, I slammed the closet door shut and took a brief look around the room, then snatched up a picture of Adam and I from London in the winter, walking towards Big Ben that one of our friends had taken of us from behind. It was beautiful, I had to admit, and I was so touched when it was given to us in a beautiful black frame. 

 I remembered every moment of that day.

A teardrop fell on the picture and that gave me the incentive to chuck it at the wall, grinning manically as it smashed with a satisfying crash.

"I hope you step on a fucking piece of glass." I said out loud, poison in my voice.

Downstairs, an idea popped into my head, as if the house hadn't been destroyed enough, I pulled out the red lipstick stowed away in my makeup bag then stood on tiptoe on wrote on the wall, in all capitals:

FUCK YOU

I then added some lipstick to my lips and left a kiss on the wall just under my declaration. Keys left on the table, and it was all over.

I was crying silently when I returned to the car and gunned it out of the driveway, leaving my memories behind me as best I could and journeying out into the city where I had no job, no home, no plan.

Just me, my broken heart, and a spotted puppy.

(Whew! Guess we know not the mess with Nix, huh? And Adam...what a tantrum you threw!

Sorry this is so short, guys! I've been moving to a new apartment for the past few days and I may be coming down with something, so I'm dog tired. I promise more will be coming ASAP! I hope you all are enjoying this (as much as there currently is!) This is already a challenge for me, going from all the fluff and happiness in B.G to all this heavy, depressing stuff. But hey; every writer will tell you the drama and pain you put your characters through is often to most fun ;)

 If you haven't read my bio, I now have a TUMBLR! That's right. It's lame right now because I don't have any idea how you kids these days use it ;p But anyway, follow me on there so I don't look lame!

 Don't forget to vote and comment and all that jazz ;)

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/another-chemical-disco

Until we meet again,

~CG)

P.S new outro, yes/no?