I'm Here to Find You

NIX

flashback

The music was was so loud it was past the point of hurting my ears, booming through the room in some synth-heavy pop song like a hurricane knocking at the door.

Beside me, Tommy threw his head back in laughter at something Ashley said and the two downed their beers. I looked to my right and noticed that Adam was gone. Damn. When had that happened?

I bumped Tommy and he focused on me. "hmyeah?" He slurred.

"Where's Adam?" I shouted over the din. Tommy shrugged.

"Why don't you use those pretty eyes of yours and fuckin' look for him?"

"Smart-ass." I snapped, leaving them and pushing my through through the crowd. This wasn't my scene, not by far, but if there's a party with good music I'm not far behind so I had agreed to tag along. To be honest, I had forgotten the point of this party...I feel like an A-Lister was having a birthday and we somehow got invited or something. And as Adam's girlfriend it was my job to show up and support and him blah blah blah.

As I reached closer to the edge of the room, tripping up a set of glass steps, I spotted him; leaning against a wall, shirt half open, drink in hand. Totally smashed. Great.

Someone brushed my shoulder as they past and I looked up as they mumbled an apology: Brendon fucking Urie.I paused, desperate to say something but nothing came to mind. Right; I had to get to Adam out of here before he got worse.

"Ad," I said, touching his arm. He opened his bleary eyes and gave me a drunken grin. "Hey, babe! Glad you join us-the fun's just about to start."

"What are you talking about? C'mon, you need to chill for a while."

Adam yanked his arm out of my grasp and shook his head wildly. "No no no. Wait for a minute, you'll see."

"I don't want to." I whined. Adam jerked me to his side, shushing me, while two people appeared from the corner of my vision.

"Alright, I got the stuff. You ready?"

"Fuck yeah. Hit me up, bro." Adam slurred. Brendon and another guy I didn't recognize stepped into the beam of a flashing light, syringes and small plastic bags of powder in their hands.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Hell no!" I gasped, trying to get out of Adam's arms, but he was still freakishly strong even in this condition.

Brendon flashed me a wink and waved the drugs in front of Adam's face. "Poison of choice, sir?"

Adam tapped the plastic bag and Brendon laughed, then clapped his hands. "Niiice. LEt's do this."

"Adam, you CAN'T do this!" I hollered, finally breaking free of his lock. He rolled his eyes and took the bag from Brendon, then laid it out on the tall table beside him.

"Relax, Nix. Lighten up."

"Or, just 'light up.'" Brendon snickered, procuring a lighter from his pocket. "I got stuff for that too."

"No!" I said, disgusted, lunging forward to stop Adam from doing the line of crack he was currently cutting with his credit card. Arms wrapped around me and easily pulled me away.

"Uh uh. Let him have some fun." It was Brendon.

"Not like this, thanks!" I struggled against him but he swung me around and pushed me away so I almost fell. When I recovered my footing, it was too late: Adam was bent over the white powder and inhaling it.

"Fuck! Adam!"

The people who had gathered around the table cheered and slapped Adam on the back, some shouting at Brendon to set them up.